What's new

Williams, Sloan put the past where it belongs

This is great to hear, glad they were able to burry the hatchet. I loved the Deron/Boozer/Memo era of Jazz basketball. That team was really fun to watch and prime D-Will was an absolute beast. It'd be great to see Deron show up at a game at some point in the near future.

I think it would be nice to see Deron with a position within the organization. He played well for us, and from what I understand still does good things in the community, but not sure I'd be for retiring his #.

It really sounds like Jerry should have retired before the season started. Hopefully we get to see more of Deron around the team and at the arena.

I am glad this happened. I was so against DWill. I gotta say, I wish Jerry would have been a little less of a hard arse when DWill was trying to make things right.

One, Sloan has dementia. Does this **** even count?

Two, Deron was somewhat unfairly demonized, but I don't even ****ing care. A primadona player came in here and chased out one of the greatest coaches in NBA history. Sloan > DWill.

I don't hate DWill at this point, but this doesn't do anything for me. I love Sloan. He is foundation Jazz. We built this house on his culture.

One, Sloan has dementia. Does this **** even count?

Two, Deron was somewhat unfairly demonized, but I don't even ****ing care. A primadona player came in here and chased out one of the greatest coaches in NBA history. Sloan > DWill.

I don't hate DWill at this point, but this doesn't do anything for me. I love Sloan. He is foundation Jazz. We built this house on his culture.

even sloan is over it. chill. Plus, DWill had his problems but pretty clear Sloan stayed too long. Hard to blame Dwill for something that was increasingly inevitable. Everything ends, even a great coach's time.

even sloan is over it. chill. Plus, DWill had his problems but pretty clear Sloan stayed too long. Hard to blame Dwill for something that was increasingly inevitable. Everything ends, even a great coach's time.
I'm chill. Sloan > DWill. That **** is chill AF.

this. Sloan was coaching too long and not staying with the times.

If they didn't retire Memo's jersey, they won't retire Williams'. Great article btw, I missed having Deron on the Jazz after seeing him start to go downhill on Dallas and Cleveland. This meeting needed to happen so that Deron could re-join the Jazz family. Glad to have him back.

If they didn't retire Memo's jersey, they won't retire Williams'. Great article btw, I missed having Deron on the Jazz after seeing him start to go downhill on Dallas and Cleveland. This meeting needed to happen so that Deron could re-join the Jazz family. Glad to have him back.
His best years were here, that's for sure.

I used to tell people back in '08 "Deron Williams is a champion waiting to win a championship, I hope he does it here." I had massive respect for him and his game. I think people underrate his injuries. He was awesome before Rose stepped under his foot. After... ?

His best years were here, that's for sure.

I used to tell people back in '08 "Deron Williams is a champion waiting to win a championship, I hope he does it here." I had massive respect for him and his game. I think people underrate his injuries. He was awesome before Rose stepped under his foot. After... ?

I REMEMBER THAT! I think it had to do with Rose being jealous that DWill was getting cheered by the Bulls fans. Yeah, after that he never came back the same :(

I REMEMBER THAT! I think it had to do with Rose being jealous that DWill was getting cheered by the Bulls fans. Yeah, after that he never came back the same :(
I had bought season tickets before that year started and in pre-season Deron got injured. Rose stepped under him on a jump shot during pre-season and Deron turned his ankle. Deron was never the same and suffered more ankle related injuries along the way. Worst $9k I ever spent.