What's new

WTH?? Root Sports showing college football instead of the game?

zweibel

Anyone else having this problem, or can explain why I might be alone in having it? I thought Root Sports was showing the game tonight, but my cable provider is showing College football all night. I did not have this problem the last two games...

Anyone else having this problem, or can explain why I might be alone in having it? I thought Root Sports was showing the game tonight, but my cable provider is showing College football all night. I did not have this problem the last two games...

Not sure how it works with your provider, but with Dish Network (what I have) there is a Root Sports channel that shows whatever the network is showing nationally while there is a separate channel for the Jazz game. Look around a little; you should be able to find the game. Who's your provider?

Do you only have one Root channel? Direct TV has Root and Root Alt and it shows up on there.

Yeah, I've only got one Root channel. My provider is Cable One. Ugh, this sucks. With my luck the "root alt" channel is only available if you live within a certain distance of SLC, and League pass isn't an option because I live just close enough to the blackout zone to get blacked out. :(

****...I'm on Cable one as well. But not in SL. I guess I better check and see if I'm going to be watching the Jazz tonight...

A lot of times they don't change the title of what their playing, like college football, and end up playing the Jazz game.

I'm in the SLC valley and root says Jazz game. I usually wait for 30 min before I start watching so I can FFW commercials but now you've got me paranoid so I'm gonna have to go check.

I've got comcast and it says it's on ch 693

Root sports rocky Mountain is what is showing big Sky football, the sub feed, root sports Utah, is showing the Jazz. Where are you located? If you are in the Jazz home territory you should be getting the correct sub feed.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

I'm in Idaho. Which is a terrible place to be if you're a Jazz fan, because league pass blacks you out but you're too far away to get anything local.

Yeah that is a tricky spot. Your best bet is to go with Directv then you would get the games as long as you subscribed to the sports pack, I think dish network would also work.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3