What's new

Zach Lowe's All-Star Picks

Funny how they discount the jazz while we are putting up the best record by far over the last 20 games. I like that he selected DM and Gobert but the reasoning he used fell short and showed he hasn't watched them play much.

Strongly disagree with Brown over Tatum for the Celtics. Would probably start Simmons over Lowry. Way too high on AD (though still easily an Allstar, Kawhi/Gobert/Jokic have all been better this season). Gobert is a mile ahead of Donovan as Jazz MVP. Don't mind the Booker/Ingram picks at the bottom of the West, think CP3 deserves to be up a class, he's been great.

The Booker & Young picks really bother me. The most important metrics (wins & losses) all say they aren't all-stars. If your team is out of even the playoff hunt by the middle of the season, you just shouldn't be considered. This is especially true this year because there are a lot of other good players to choose from in both conferences.

Funny how they discount the jazz while we are putting up the best record by far over the last 20 games. I like that he selected DM and Gobert but the reasoning he used fell short and showed he hasn't watched them play much.
At work, so I don’t have time to read. How is he discrediting the jazz?

He chose two of our players and said he considered Gobert as a starter. What piece are you reading?

He chose two of our players and said he considered Gobert as a starter. What piece are you reading?
He doesn't have gobert as a starter. And he really more or less brushed over gobert and Michel saying they were less than the others because they can't do it by themselves and need someone to play off of, like gobert wouldn't be effective without a facilitator and Mitchell needs gobert the game way, but that everyone else are self-creators, etc.

Last edited:
If Gobert gets in, I think I’m gonna throw $50 on him to win MVP. Odds will probably be 30:1 if not as much as 75:1. I could see him playing the last 4-5 minutes for the win and him scoring 6, grabbing 3-4 rebounds and playing lockdown d in those waning minutes to win it.

If Gobert gets in, I think I’m gonna throw $50 on him to win MVP. Odds will probably be 30:1 if not as much as 75:1. I could see him playing the last 4-5 minutes for the win and him scoring 6, grabbing 3-4 rebounds and playing lockdown d in those waning minutes to win it.
He won't score enough and that's all that matters. Highest scorer with the flashiest dunks.

He won't score enough and that's all that matters. Highest scorer with the flashiest dunks.

thats almost always the case...but I think he could have 22,13,3 with elite game winning d to maybe win it.

at say 50:1 odds, I’ll take that chance.