1. Welcome to the newly remodeled JazzFanz.com. Take a look around and report any issues in the SITE INFORMATION thread.

Zero Dark Thirty

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kwb, Jan 9, 2013.

1. kwb

kwb Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    [​IMG]

Watched this yesterday. Wasn't sure what to think about it but I was expecting much. The film is amazing. The writing and directing for me was great. You guys should see it when it comes out.

2. Beantown

Beantown Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Please tell me it doesn't make you feel bad for America trying to catch the scum that is Bin Laden?

3. kwb

kwb Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Not at all. That's what I loved the most about the movie. It stayed true to the story and didn't try to push some Hollywood type **** on me.

4. Hartsock

Hartsock Banned

Jan 19, 2012
    I have been waiting for this for ahile. I'm very excited to see it. Hurt Locker was amazing so I have high hopes for this.

5. UGLI baby

UGLI baby Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Ya? Like, how long?

few years?

6. Hartsock

Hartsock Banned

Jan 19, 2012
    Since I killed Osama

moevillini likes this.
  7. Beantown

Beantown Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Fixed.

Hartsock likes this.
  8. Gyp Rosetti

Gyp Rosetti Banned

May 26, 2010
    Many, many gov't people, including CIA'ers (and senators I believe) who collaborated on the movie are saying some (much?) of the movie is FOS. Don't get me wrong, I'm going to see it. And sadly, I probably find KB more trustworthy than I do some CIA morons given our government's integrity barometer in most of our eyes. I sort of wonder where the truth lies though. And no matter, based on the trailers, I am dying to see it and will.

moevillini likes this.
  9. bigb

bigb Free at last!!! Contributor

May 26, 2010
    Reported

To the Secret Service

moevillini likes this.
  10. HeavenHarris

HeavenHarris Banned

Jun 20, 2011
    torture

11. pickledXgrandma

pickledXgrandma Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Wait, we did catch Laden? Is he getting freed from Guantanamo?

12. Julie Greengiant

Julie Greengiant Active Member

Jun 15, 2012
    If you saw The Hurt Locker, the quality of this film should not be surprising.

13. KatieMCR

KatieMCR Active Member

May 26, 2010
    I'm looking forward to seeing this movie, and might be catching a free advance screening tomorrow. It depends on if I want to drive downtown in the snow storm.

I'm also excited that one of my favorite bands (Ours) recorded a new version of the following song for the movie. It's supposed to play at some point during the movie.

[video=youtube_share;ZRV7VLSGVbM]https://youtu.be/ZRV7VLSGVbM[/video]

Revolution 9 likes this.
  14. spycam1

spycam1 Well-Known Member

May 18, 2011
    I can't wait to see it. For those of you who have, how did it compare to The Hurt Locker?

15. jimmy eat jazz

jimmy eat jazz Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    There was a good bit in the news recently how the movie implied we got the critical intel on bin Laden via torture (so I'm told, I haven't seen it yet but plan to). Some high placed sources have said this is not true but that the critical intel was obtained through other means. As someone who is opposed to torture on both practical and moral grounds (and yes, water boarding IS torture), if this is true, I am very disappointed that Bigelow (Director) chose to depict it this way. Still, Hurt Locker was a great movie (also directed by Bigelow), so I have high hopes for this one, inaccuracies aside.

As a general rule also, you can be very certain that any Hollywood depiction of a historical event takes artistic liberties with history. Recent case in point, Argo, which although a great movie, played fast and loose with some actual historical details of the rescue (one example, there was no drama in the airport as depicted in the movie, they simply boarded the plane and left).

16. Jazz Punk Rocker

Jazz Punk Rocker Active Member Contributor

May 25, 2010
    It seemed kind of underwhelming...I really had no clue what happened going into the movie, I never read too much about the whole story, but to me it felt like there was so much more to it that wasn't explained in the movie. Some of my favorite TV actors were in it though (Walts dad from Lost, Andy from Parks and Rec, Pete from The League, Coach Taylor from FNL). Overall, I thought it was a pretty good movie...much better than Argo.

17. Gyp Rosetti

Gyp Rosetti Banned

May 26, 2010
    Yes, this is what has transpired. However, I'm not so quick to point fingers at Bigelow. I don't trust our G-men as far as I can throw them and I think the far majority of us are pretty confident in saying waterboarding has taken place. The only real question then is, did it take place to obtain intel in these particular instances? I don't know the answer to that. But imo, I find the CIA's desire to deny much more transparent (deny, deny, deny, protect their reputation) than Bigelow's desire to Hollywood-ize the movie.

18. HeavenHarris

HeavenHarris Banned

Jun 20, 2011
    bros i need some quick advice. tonight. should i see this or django.
    im thinkin django and gonna see it anyway but if this is really good i can wait for django.

19. Saint Cy of JFC

Saint Cy of JFC Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    The Hurt Locker was boring as ****. I'm bias though because I find most War/Military movies to be boring as ****.

20. HeavenHarris

HeavenHarris Banned

Jun 20, 2011
    i liked hurt locker. not really a big fan of war movies but it was good imo. dramatic/suspensalicious.