What's new

2023 NBA Free Agency Thread

Forgive me for a dumb question that no one probably even actually has an answer to, but when the Joe Ingles news broke today Spence and Monson both hinted at the fact that Ingles wasn’t as happy as we all thought he was here.. Monson also mentioned that he has several stories that he decided not to share about how the team and front office weren’t too fond of him either and that he actually had a lot of issues… does anyone know anymore about this? Are there any rumors that went around about this? Sorry again I don’t browse here too often anymore and this is off topic. I didn’t know where else to post this, and I’m sure I’m several years late on this information, but I’m just so curious about this because by all accounts I thought everyone loved him, and that he was really content with being here.

Media here in Europe is saying Sacramento has sent offer of 7.7M (their room MLE) to Aleksandar Vezenkov... He's still not given his response.

Grizz have about 190 committed in 24/25 and the Super Tax Apron is about 200m. They have some room to work with, but not much. I get Bane's deal, but the core had better be it unless someone is shipped.

Edit: They also have a few TOs coming up. They'll be fine.

Forgive me for a dumb question that no one probably even actually has an answer to, but when the Joe Ingles news broke today Spence and Monson both hinted at the fact that Ingles wasn’t as happy as we all thought he was here.. Monson also mentioned that he has several stories that he decided not to share about how the team and front office weren’t too fond of him either and that he actually had a lot of issues… does anyone know anymore about this? Are there any rumors that went around about this? Sorry again I don’t browse here too often anymore and this is off topic. I didn’t know where else to post this, and I’m sure I’m several years late on this information, but I’m just so curious about this because by all accounts I thought everyone loved him, and that he was really content with being here.
I've heard that Ingles was kind of an ******* to everyone

It is hyper focus that is the NBA. He is a jokester and a truth teller. When the locker room fell apart who did you think got into the face of each player? Quinn? Clarkson? I would not worry about. He is still a great player and great guy but having Joe around would under cut Hardy a little bit on handling tough situations.

Yeah, don't know anything about that. Even if the FO didn't really like the guy, Ingles was one of those critical factors as to why Utah was so good in the last '10s/early '20 and the fans would have rioted if they traded him. At worst, Jingles was a troll, but that type of non-offensive PITA type that you ultimately tolerate because most folks like him and he does actual good things. Ultimately for me, the decline really hit home when they dealt him.

Yeah, don't know anything about that. Even if the FO didn't really like the guy, Ingles was one of those critical factors as to why Utah was so good in the last '10s/early '20 and the fans would have rioted if they traded him. At worst, Jingles was a troll, but that type of non-offensive PITA type that you ultimately tolerate because most folks like him and he does actual good things. Ultimately for me, the decline really hit home when they dealt him.
No, there's some stuff out there that he treated people in the organization (non players) very poorly. Also apparently he would try and hook up with women who worked for the Jazz. Idk how all true this stuff is, but it was what was going around.

It is hyper focus that is the NBA. He is a jokester and a truth teller. When the locker room fell apart who did you think got into the face of each player? Quinn? Clarkson? I would not worry about. He is still a great player and great guy but having Joe around would under cut Hardy a little bit on handling tough situations.
Oh I’m not saying we should’ve brought him back at all, it was just shocking to hear Spence and Monson both agree that he actually isn’t at all who we think he is, that he wasn’t even remotely close to being the locker room leader he was made out to be, and even said they’ve heard multiple things about him that they couldn’t share on air and then quickly changed the subject before diving deeper in to it.

No, there's some stuff out there that he treated people in the organization (non players) very poorly. Also apparently he would try and hook up with women who worked for the Jazz. Idk how all true this stuff is, but it was what was going around.
Yeah, don't buy that one for a minute.

Oh I’m not saying we should’ve brought him back at all, it was just shocking to hear Spence and Monson both agree that he actually isn’t at all who we think he is, that he wasn’t even remotely close to being the locker room leader he was made out to be, and even said they’ve heard multiple things about him that they couldn’t share on air and then quickly changed the subject before diving deeper in to it.
Our heroes are rarely who we think they are.

Bro, he’s got a wife and a son with autism.. I don't think he could around hitting on women without getting slapped.

I have heard this as well. It was from places that really had no reason to lie about it.