What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

I have this gut feeling that if we stay at 8 (or even 9), then we will select Ron Holland. He could be the slashing and scoring wing with good instincts on both ends of the court that we need. He is young, but checks a lot of the boxes.

I have this gut feeling that if we stay at 8 (or even 9), then we will select Ron Holland. He could be the slashing and scoring wing with good instincts on both ends of the court that we need. He is young, but checks a lot of the boxes.
We can only dream of him being there. I have him 1 on my draft board but probably goes somewhere in the top 5.

We can only dream of him being there. I have him 1 on my draft board but probably goes somewhere in the top 5.
I agree that he should be a contender as a top 5 talent, but usually see him in the 8-12 range on mock drafts.

Reed Sheppard is going to get a GM or two fired. Either he is the next steph curry and people will get fired for passing on him. Or someone will pick him in the top 5 and he will bust.

View attachment 16323

Off the dribble jumpers stats.

Scary hours for Castle and Sheppard is a god.

FWIW, I don't worry too much about off the bounce shooting numbers from one and done guys. Younger guys are usually not good at this and usually get better as they develop. I also think the more interesting number is the volume rather than the percentage. The volume helps you to put in to perspective how these numbers effected their total percentages. Or in other words it helps you to see guys that are taking more difficult shots which are typically going to lower your overall percentages.

Mostly what I'm seeing is that the older prospects are the guys taking the most off the bounce 3s and have some of the better percentages. With that said Carrington really jumps off the screen as an 18 year old that took 40 more off the bounce 3s than anyone else on this list. The other one that jumps out is Knecht, who didn't take as many as I would have expected and had shot a pretty low percentage for an older prospect.

FWIW, I don't worry too much about off the bounce shooting numbers from one and done guys. Younger guys are usually not good at this and usually get better as they develop. I also think the more interesting number is the volume rather than the percentage. The volume helps you to put in to perspective how these numbers effected their total percentages. Or in other words it helps you to see guys that are taking more difficult shots which are typically going to lower your overall percentages.

Mostly what I'm seeing is that the older prospects are the guys taking the most off the bounce 3s and have some of the better percentages. With that said Carrington really jumps off the screen as an 18 year old that took 40 more off the bounce 3s than anyone else on this list. The other one that jumps out is Knecht, who didn't take as many as I would have expected and had shot a pretty low percentage for an older prospect.
Carrington can't get to the basketball at all so everything he does has to be a pull up

Ok dude you’re trying too hard per usual.
It's a valid critique. He either struggles to get his shot off, lacks assertiveness, and/or only takes easy looks. Maybe Sheppard should have tried harder to take more shots and he wouldn't have been spanked by Oakland in round 1.

Again Sheppards efficiency numbers were so good that it made his lack of volume inexcusably bad. To me KJ's Simpsons numbers are more impressive as the first option who took basically double the volume of attempts.

Last edited:
Castle about as good as Knecht here, isn't he supposed to be a good shooter?
More of a C&S shoot and when he had to create it's against sEC defenders on a team with no other scoring options. High level of difficulty on some of his shots. He's probably not an off the dribble creator at the next level if it isn't one dribble pullups or to the basketball

I like Shep but he's such a a hard prospect to evaluate because there hasn't been anyone to my knowledge who has a similar volume to efficiency ratio as a guard his size. I know he's an elite shooter, but the numbers are clearly a fluke because of the volume.

All of that is fine if he's just some role player/connector, but if you're drafting him to be a starting PG (not someone who is playing/deferring next to a primary guard creator) he can't play that low volume style imo.

View attachment 16323

Off the dribble jumpers stats.

Scary hours for Castle and Sheppard is a god.
Kinda what I expected tbh. Thing that jumps out a bit is Dilly. If he hits pull-ups he’s gonna be so tough to guard. Fast shifty and a good finisher.

If we didn’t have Key I’d have him higher on my board… so I should just move him up cuz I’ve decided I’m just treating us like a blank slate for now. Maybe Rob is the potential star? Really want to see measurements on all these guys.