What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

The Draft lottery is 10 days away on May 12th (Mother's Day) .

Dear NBA, my Mom has asked for a top 4 pick for the Jazz for mother's day. Please do not disappoint her. Please also note that this will be her requested mother's day gift for 2025 and 2026. TIA.

I fully expect us to get lucky and slide into the top 3 this year…not next year when we really would want to.

I am not sure Reed Sheppard is where I want Jazz to go. But I am super intrigued to see how things go. Is he Payton Pritchard? Or is closers to Seth Curry? Or maybe Steph if everything breaks just right.

On Cody Williams, it was interesting to me at the end of the first tourney game they used him to break the press against 6'3"ish guards. I wonder if he didn't get iso chances because they had in order ball-dominate score guard, super senior forward and a burly post option. Oh and he got hurt during the season.

Cody has long strides and knows how to use his length to push past smaller guards, even if he doesn't have much burst. His size also gives him the ability to pass over the top of the defense. Colorado used him as a big, playmaking guard earlier in the year.

If we jumped to 2 I wouldn’t even care who we selected at 29 or 32 due to sheer excitement.
Tankathon updated overnight. If we don't move up, it fluctuates among Matas Buzelis, Ja'Kobe Walter and Rob Dillingham for the Jazz depending on who picks before us. I am not sold on Matas. I love Dillingham despite his size. Ja'Kobe is one that I didn't expect to be that high, but seems to me like a slightly taller Keyonte that is more off the ball based on limited research.

Why is that a wow? Sexton is far more valuable than a mediocre first round pick and a very distant first.
Possibly. I guess it depends on the player we get back and who is available at 22 (Salaun). If we want to do a full tank next year and intentionally get worse then I would strongly consider it.

Sexton is too much of an X-factor and gets you too many unexpected wins.

Possibly. I guess it depends on the player we get back and who is available at 22 (Salaun). If we want to do a full tank next year and intentionally get worse then I would strongly consider it.
I don't want to do a full tank and if I did I would want something closer to instant gratification than the most valuable piece being a pick 7 years away.

And no Salaun being available at 22 wouldnt change anything because I probably wouldnt pick Salaun at 32.

Hmmm...would you do Sexton for the Phoenix package on draft night? I would.

Sexton + 31st pick for Phoenix's 22nd pick and an unprotected 2031.

View: https://twitter.com/esidery/status/1786370812385087724?t=6cnzqVZNvbseC8LTJH_-2w&s=19

Sexton doesnt fit at all. Like the last thing they need is another guy who needs the ball in his hands to contribute at a high level. Plus his salary could be hard for them to match.

However, Kris Dunn would fit, would address their single biggest need (PoA defense) and they cant really compete to get him in the FA market because of 2nd apron rules... so could be sign-and-trade.

I think I might end up having Devin Carter > Dalton Knecht. I really like Knecht as a shooter, not so much other stuff. Devin Carter could be a guy who you want to play 40+ minutes in the playoffs if his shooting is real.

Hmmm...would you do Sexton for the Phoenix package on draft night? I would.

Sexton + 31st pick for Phoenix's 22nd pick and an unprotected 2031.

View: https://twitter.com/esidery/status/1786370812385087724?t=6cnzqVZNvbseC8LTJH_-2w&s=19

Yeah, that's predictable. I think the Pels and Bucks would shop their pick in that range too. I'd make a play for one of those picks and see if we could get Filipowski or Ware.

I wouldn't send Sexton for it though. I'd offer 29 + 32 for 22. The deal would probably need to include a 3rd team.