What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

Here is my Jazz related strategy for the draft right now.

- with limited upside guys, and without huge separation in talent, I'm ok with drafting for need.
- no defensively limited guards.
- we need wings
- no Centers, unless it's Sarr
- ok with older players if we are keeping Lauri

Agreed, I'm not nearly ready to have a strong opinion on what we should do with our late picks, but if we are going to target someone, we desperately need wings.
I think Miami and Phoenix at spots 16 and 18 currently are prime spots that may be looking to move back and collect assets. Partly for tax reasons. Partly to get some lesser assets that can be used later.

- with limited upside guys, and without huge separation in talent, I'm ok with drafting for need.
- we need wings
I agree with a lot of this.

As far as centers I am like DaRon Holmes a lot with our late picks.

- we need wings
I would take a center with the late picks. That is where I think you can find some good value late and the opportunity cost is not as high. Not targeting a center but won't shy away from one there.

Chomche/Kessler
Hendricks/Collins
Lauri/?
Sexton/Sensabaugh
Keyonte/Dunn

That's a very intriguing lineup. I am liking Chomche - he could get a lot better. Then find another athletic 2 way player and you got something special. Kessler.and Collins are both backup material so we have have to trade one. It might make sense to get the best possible 2 way athletic center with the highest ceiling in this draft (the free throw percentage is already good, can hit the three, can drive, has great bounce, great wingspan, and good defense the whole package and the youngest in the draft - fantastic for a center and makes Lauri/Hendricks/Chomche all the near same size and switchable).

Prediction: We trade Kessler in the next 6 months. Kessler is still in demand. Weakens the defense in the short term but we add more size to replace him in the long term. John Collins sticks around for two more years.

Last edited:
New Sam Vecenie mock draft just dropped and he said he tried to distill it with his NBA team intel vs what he would do.

1. Risacher
2. Sarr
3. Buzelis
4. Sheppard
5. Topic
6. Castle
7. Williams
8. Holland
9. Dillingham
10. Salaun
11. Clingan
12. Knecht
13. Collier
14. Walter
15. Filipowski
Yeah I actually went and commented on the article cuz Dillingham is such a bad fit and Sam said he took fit into consideration here. Ainge gonna keep JC, Sexton, Key AND add Rob... might even sign Monk in FA. Corner the market on these dudes.

Walter or Knecht or a trade are the pick if the board falls that way.

Given that there is so much perceived parity at the top of the draft, I expect draft boards to continue to be all over the place. There will be a ton of "flavor of the month" prospects. I expect more predraft "movement" this year more than ever as well as more group think.

Given that there is so much perceived parity at the top of the draft, I expect draft boards to continue to be all over the place. There will be a ton of "flavor of the month" prospects. I expect more predraft "movement" this year more than ever as well as more group think.
I expect this and a bunch of ability to make deals. With less certainty on the prospects teams will be more willing to punt or take deals with more known commodities. GMs effing love certainty, which is partly why this draft is a nightmare for them.