What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

Sarah Todd mentioned the Jazz interviewed Reed Sheppard, Alex Sarr, Kyshawn George, Isiah Collier, Stephon Castle, Jared McCain, and Cody Williams. She says the Jazz really like George and Sheppard.

Jazz reportedly also interviewed Dillingham, Clingan, Edey and Kolek. I think Devin Carter possibly too.

Last edited:
Did anybody watch Duke enough to comment on McCain as a defender?

From what I saw it was good, but he gets labeled as a bad defender.
He looked pretty average to me. Not terrible but I wouldn't project him to be a solid defender in the nba. Particularly with the fact that I think he probably isn't a pg so he will be undersized defensively at the 2.

He looked pretty average to me. Not terrible but I wouldn't project him to be a solid defender in the nba. Particularly with the fact that I think he probably isn't a pg so he will be undersized defensively at the 2.

I think he played PG in HS, but didn't get the chance at Duke. I think his PNR numbers were good, and I thought he generally made good decisions with the ball. I would call him a combo guard.

I think he played PG in HS, but didn't get the chance at Duke. I think his PNR numbers were good, and I thought he generally made good decisions with the ball. I would call him a combo guard.
Very few prospects are actually full-time PG's throughout their pre-college career into college.

That being said, I really doubt anyone is drafting Jared McCain to become their PG. Unless he just really gets into a perfect situation were there is no PG on the roster (kind of like what happened with Maxey), he is probably going to be developed more off-ball.

Very few prospects are actually full-time PG's throughout their pre-college career into college.

That being said, I really doubt anyone is drafting Jared McCain to become their PG. Unless he just really gets into a perfect situation were there is no PG on the roster (kind of like what happened with Maxey), he is probably going to be developed more off-ball.
That's probably true and what SIP said about him not being able to guard 2s could be true as well.

I really like McCain the more I look in to him though, so I'm trying to figure out how high he should go. It seems like he has a wide range.

That's probably true and what SIP said about him not being able to guard 2s could be true as well.

I really like McCain the more I look in to him though, so I'm trying to figure out how high he should go. It seems like he has a wide range.
He is at least strong which is pretty much a must when you are giving up at least 2 to 3 inches defensively against most sg's.

Juan Nunez had 10 and 6 (assist) w/ 5 steals in 17 minutes. Him and Dadiet's team blew out their opponent in a big playoff win.

It's fun watching how confidently Castle is shooting the ball in this video. If he can get back that confidence as more of a primary option then he gets scary with his defense as well.

WOW! What a change in the confidence he's shooting with from this video to last year in UConn... If he can get back to that... he might be special.

It's fun watching how confidently Castle is shooting the ball in this video. If he can get back that confidence as more of a primary option then he gets scary with his defense as well.

I found this to be interesting. This is a high school scouting report. Obviously 31% isn't that encouraging, but the volume is. I would recommend reading the whole scouting report, a lot of the opinion on him is opposite of what we think of him now.

Castle displays an excellent level of shotmaking from the perimeter, where he shows an incredible level of versatility for his age. Currently shooting 30.8% from 3 point range in his senior season according to Cerebro Sports’ database, he is attempting 11.6 shots from beyond the arc per 36 minutes. Not only the sheer volume, but the level of difficulty of his attempts bode well for his projection as a shooter at the next level.

Jazz reportedly have some interest in Kyshawn. Height, length and body weight are the same as Joe Ingles entering the draft. He's never going to be explosive, but if he adds some strength he's interesting. He's a confident shooter with good balance and some handle to set himself and others up with. He's also a pretty disciplined positional defender. A perimeter with Keyonte, Kyshawn, Brice and Taylor would space the floor and create lanes to attack the cup. Everyone's long, everyone shoots and everyone defends. Put Lauri at the 5, and there's a framework for a versatile offense. From there, if the Jazz can add a star-level wing, they'd start to become competitive.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzQvZfH4iCM

Last edited:
Jazz reportedly very interested in Reed Sheppard. Someone on here mentioned that they thought Ainge would love Reed.