What's new

Blow the !@$%!%#$ Team Up

I just think it would be a very hard sell to the fanbase to bring Hayward back. We would have to find a third team which I don't know is out there.

Charlotte has a good financial situation to add Rudy. LaMelo is still a couple years away from a new deal. Bridges will be in the first couple years of a 1st max contract which isn't that bad. A big 3 of LaMelo, Rudy and Bridges is damn strong.

Next year, Rozier, Washington, and Plumlee combine to make $35+ and Rudy makes $38+. They can figure out Hayward if money is an issue.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

What about involving a 3rd team like LA and send Gordon there for some stuff

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

I’m actually relieved that with Ainge we no longer have to worry about “doing right” by every one of our players. Taking ****** deals and throwing in extra picks to get guys onto teams they would prefer. **** all these soft and entitled players that are gonna feel sorry for themselves and give up on each other cuz they got their feelings hurt years ago. Don’t slip on your tears and don’t let the door hit you on they way out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You have a lot more faith in Ainge and our FO than I do.

What about involving a 3rd team like LA and send Gordon there for some stuff

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz
I've been racking my brain on that one. Supposedly the Lakers don't want Hayward due to his contract and his unpredictable injury history.

The best bet is Indiana. They have a ton of cap space and could take most of his contract without having to send much back. They could use another wing to go with Haliburton, Turner, and Hield. Brogdon could go the other way if Indiana is intent on trading him.

So maybe....

Hornets get Rudy
Pacers get Hayward and a pick
Jazz get some combination of picks, Brogdon, Rozier, Washington, Plumlee, Bouknight, etc.

It's not too exciting to add a bunch of smaller guys, but maybe we can use the picks to go after somebody like Jerami Grant.

Beal hasn't stayed healthy and his role players have changed so much year to year since Wall got hurt.

If we traded Rudy, we will have more talent than the Wiz and I think we are a definite playoff team. Seeding TBD by the type talent we get for Rudy.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
If the Wiz and Jazz swapped KP and Rudy, the Wizards would be much much better than the Jazz.

(and thats even if KP is healthy and playing the best version of what he can be)

With regard to Ben Simmons... his case/value is fascinating to me. There are no results that would shock me. His mental stuff may be completely real and he never plays again. He could also just be scared and learned that he could get his way by playing the mental health card... he also could be making the best case possible for his lost wages suit so added a physical component to go with the mental. Its just weird that if guys are worried about anxiety and what people think... why would you peacock with weird *** outfits on the sideline... wouldn't you hang back like Kawhi in a hoody. Wouldn't you be more lowkey?

He also has weird fear of failure stuff dating back all the way to college. Reportedly didn't want to shoot in front of scouts so wouldn't take a normal warmup when others were around. I think there is some anxiety there but is it crippling or just doesn't want to be mocked.

Can't think of a worse place for someone with real anxiety issues than Philly or NY... but if he is this Insta-Diva attention guy I can't think of a place worse than Utah/OKC etc. I think as it sits you could swap Rudy for BS and get at least two picks. I think they are so tired of injuries and BS they just want to give KD someone to hoop with. Ben could still be the top 30ish guy he was and immediately flip a switch because he was exaggerating to get out of Philly and didn't want to jump right into a playoff series with so many eyeballs on him. I think it would end up being a steal or an absolute whiff... and likely not much in between.

Either way I'd have a hard time rooting for the guy and I'm sure if he started playing well he would want brighter lights somewhere else.

Also, I think if we have a lockout it will be BS and Kyrie that caused it.

You have a lot more faith in Ainge and our FO than I do.
I don't have a lot of faith in the Jazz FO honestly. I think the Jazz are probably ****ed for a while and time will tell with the decisions they make this offseason. I just hope that the FO recognizes that constantly catering to players is not the way to success.

I've been racking my brain on that one. Supposedly the Lakers don't want Hayward due to his contract and his unpredictable injury history.

The best bet is Indiana. They have a ton of cap space and could take most of his contract without having to send much back. They could use another wing to go with Haliburton, Turner, and Hield. Brogdon could go the other way if Indiana is intent on trading him.

So maybe....

Hornets get Rudy
Pacers get Hayward and a pick
Jazz get some combination of picks, Brogdon, Rozier, Washington, Plumlee, Bouknight, etc.

It's not too exciting to add a bunch of smaller guys, but maybe we can use the picks to go after somebody like Jerami Grant.
I think Indy wants out of Brogdon… I could see a three team scenario where Indy offload Malcolm and takes on Gordo’s deal to relieve salary concerns for us and Hornets. There are enough pieces to make something happen where Rudy ends up in Charlotte, Brogdon in Utah, Gordo in Indy… picks and young guys from Charlotte end up in Indy and Utah.

I actually think Indy would do Mike for
Malcolm basically straight up. Shaves a few years off gives Haliburton a vet mentor but not a guy that will cut his role.

Just listened to Tony Jones on Checketts show. He said there will definitely be significant changes to the roster and the rotation next season. He also said that he can definitively say that the Jazz want to be a playoff team next season and that they don't want to take a step back... they won't be blowing it up and completely re-building, he said the word he would use for what they want to do in the offseason is pivot.

Checketts said he's heard from people associated with the team that they may lean into catering to Donovan even more this offseason and doing everything they can to make him happy...Tony said they're definitely not trading Donovan this offseason and don't anticipate him asking out. He said the Jazz have already done a lot for Donovan and have let him know that this is his team and they're going to build around him. Said they would like to put players around him that cand defend, shoot and have some length and athleticism, similar to the types of players GS has put around Steph.

This seems like the worst possible strategy moving forward. Hopefully Donovan struggling this post season has them rethinking this (assuming the reporting has any validity).

I think Indy wants out of Brogdon… I could see a three team scenario where Indy offload Malcolm and takes on Gordo’s deal to relieve salary concerns for us and Hornets. There are enough pieces to make something happen where Rudy ends up in Charlotte, Brogdon in Utah, Gordo in Indy… picks and young guys from Charlotte end up in Indy and Utah.

I actually think Indy would do Mike for
Malcolm basically straight up. Shaves a few years off gives Haliburton a vet mentor but not a guy that will cut his role.

I really don't pay attention to the Pacers at all. Is Brogdon washed up?

Just listened to Tony Jones on Checketts show. He said there will definitely be significant changes to the roster and the rotation next season. He also said that he can definitively say that the Jazz want to be a playoff team next season and that they don't want to take a step back... they won't be blowing it up and completely re-building, he said the word he would use for what they want to do in the offseason is pivot.

Checketts said he's heard from people associated with the team that they may lean into catering to Donovan even more this offseason and doing everything they can to make him happy...Tony said they're definitely not trading Donovan this offseason and don't anticipate him asking out. He said the Jazz have already done a lot for Donovan and have let him know that this is his team and they're going to build around him. Said they would like to put players around him that cand defend, shoot and have some length and athleticism, similar to the types of players GS has put around Steph.
This franchise makes me want to puke.

Ryan Smith is a pathetic loser with ZERO fashion sense.

I really don't pay attention to the Pacers at all. Is Brogdon washed up?
No but he is a little bit prickly based on what I gather from some reports. He also has a long deal now and they acquired Halliburton so the plan has changed a bit. He's good but may not be as good as his numbers suggest. He's not a great defender but still might be an improvement for us.

It's kind of obvious the next two years are going to be hell on earth for serious Jazz fans.

This is going to be the worst era of Jazz basketball since the pre-Stockton days.
I think it will be slightly better than the Jefferson/Harris days. Although this era may last longer since we are apparently not willing to look in the mirror.

Swap Conley for Brogdon, Gay and Royce for Wood, give Jaylen Hoard a contract and Jazz would have a starting five with good height, good defenders and pretty good offence. Bojan, JC, Hassan, JB and House second unit. Give Eric,NWA, Juancho more playing time!

Swap Conley for Brogdon, Gay and Royce for Wood, give Jaylen Hoard a contract and Jazz would have a starting five with good height, good defenders and pretty good offence. Bojan, JC, Hassan, JB and House second unit. Give Eric,NWA, Juancho more playing time!
Ah yes, the Rockets have been passing on the ******** of offers for Wood so they could get Bucket of Neale and a 69-year old dude.