What's new

Colonoscopy

17 poops so far. Worst part was that I have to finish the drink and take gas x between midnight and 3 so I went to bed at 9:30 after putting my daughter to bed and had to set my alarm to be up at midnight. So here I am now finishing the prep and then I can't go back to bed for a long time because I'm gonna have to poop more.
Lame.
Flushable wet wipes have been a blessing. Thanks Google.

Gonna go to Charlie's cheese steaks after the procedure and pig out

Sent from my OPD2203 using Tapatalk
Dude you basically described a standard Tuesday for me. Good luck! Make the most of it and cram some marbles up there before you go in.

17 poops so far. Worst part was that I have to finish the drink and take gas x between midnight and 3 so I went to bed at 9:30 after putting my daughter to bed and had to set my alarm to be up at midnight. So here I am now finishing the prep and then I can't go back to bed for a long time because I'm gonna have to poop more.
Lame.
Flushable wet wipes have been a blessing. Thanks Google.

Gonna go to Charlie's cheese steaks after the procedure and pig out

Sent from my OPD2203 using Tapatalk
You know you're not really supposed to flush those things, right?

You know you're not really supposed to flush those things, right?
They say on the package that I'm supposed to flush them so I'm not sure how I would know that I'm not supposed to. I got the idea from Reddit. A bunch of people were suggesting getting flushable wet wipes for the prep.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Somehow YouTube doesn’t have this clip. But anyone else remember when Michael asks Oscar how to make his colonoscopy more pleasurable?
Lololol ya I remember that

Well, how did it go? Did I miss that post? Did you enjoy Dr. Noodlefinger's bedside manner?

Well, how did it go? Did I miss that post? Did you enjoy Dr. Noodlefinger's bedside manner?
Honestly wasn't that bad. Prep wasn't bad. I slept though the procedure and woke up feeling great.
I expected it to be worse than it was tbh

Honestly wasn't that bad. Prep wasn't bad. I slept though the procedure and woke up feeling great.
I expected it to be worse than it was tbh

Thanks for sharing. I'm supposed to get one soon I think. My doctor in Colorado said I should get one when I turned 40, but my doctor here in Indiana said I didn't need one yet.

Thanks for sharing. I'm supposed to get one soon I think. My doctor in Colorado said I should get one when I turned 40, but my doctor here in Indiana said I didn't need one yet.
It used to be at 50 but I thought they moved it down to 45.
It's free and not THAT bad (though I would rather not do it if course) so wouldn't be a horrible idea to get one. They found a few polyps in my colon and cut them out to biopsy them.

It used to be at 50 but I thought they moved it down to 45.
It's free and not THAT bad (though I would rather not do it if course) so wouldn't be a horrible idea to get one. They found a few polyps in my colon and cut them out to biopsy them.

Here they do fecal test every 2 years starting at 50 before scheduling colonoscopies - unless your fecal test is positive for occult blood they won't schedule it no mater how old you are. Different approach only if you have relatives with colon cancer history. I guess a difference between "free" medical care and private.

Here they do fecal test every 2 years starting at 50 before scheduling colonoscopies - unless your fecal test is positive for occult blood they won't schedule it no mater how old you are. Different approach only if you have relatives with colon cancer history. I guess a difference between "free" medical care and private.
That's what my dr is doing as well, in California. We have Kaiser. It's actually pretty good, I've been happy with it so far.

They say on the package that I'm supposed to flush them so I'm not sure how I would know that I'm not supposed to. I got the idea from Reddit. A bunch of people were suggesting getting flushable wet wipes for the prep.

I know that’s what the package says. Ask a plumber. Or better yet, the guy at the sewage treatment facility.