What's new

Damian Lillard - Our best PG hope

If the Jazz end up just missing the playoffs and are picking around 12 or 13 in the lottery, they could do much worse than Lillard. I think the kid has some serious upside, and maybe one of the biggest positives: If he ends up being a stud at the NBA level, we probably won't be saddled with the worry of whether or not Lillard likes it in Utah when it comes time to re-sign him.

Why are people so hung up on this? If the Jazz can put together a contending team then players will want to stay. Rings will win out over a big market. Just put together the best team with the best coaching possible and players will stay here and they might even attract some FA.

Why are people so hung up on this? If the Jazz can put together a contending team then players will want to stay. Rings will win out over a big market. Just put together the best team with the best coaching possible and players will stay here and they might even attract some FA.

Until the Jazz are legit title contenders, I think whether or not guys want to come to/stay in Utah is a pretty big factor. So until that changes, I'll continue to see it as a concern. Thanks.

Who would you guys compare Lillard to?

I haven't seen the kid play very much, but kind of reminds me of Steph Curry.
But not quite the scorer/shooter Curry is.

Curry College Career - 46% FG, 41% 3, 87% FT, 25.3 PPG, 3.7 AST, 2.1 STL
Lillard College Career - 44% FG, 39% 3, 86% FT, 18.5 PPG, 3.5 AST, 1.2 STL

I hope I can find some Weber games, because I'd like to see more about him.

I haven't seen the kid play very much, but kind of reminds me of Steph Curry.
But not quite the scorer/shooter Curry is.

Curry College Career - 46% FG, 41% 3, 87% FT, 25.3 PPG, 3.7 AST, 2.1 STL
Lillard College Career - 44% FG, 39% 3, 86% FT, 18.5 PPG, 3.5 AST, 1.2 STL

I hope I can find some Weber games, because I'd like to see more about him.

Interesting comparison actually.

If you find some good film on him, a highlight video would be much appreciated ;)

Not being a debbie downer .. just sharing other facts ..

Lillard is a senior (everyone knows that), but hasn't been considered the good shooter until this year. Cause for concern? Meh. But worth discussion.

Junior - 34.5%
Senior - 42.5%

I like the improvement .. but weary of which is more true.

Not being a debbie downer .. just sharing other facts ..

Lillard is a senior (everyone knows that), but hasn't been considered the good shooter until this year. Cause for concern? Meh. But worth discussion.

Junior - 34.5%
Senior - 42.5%

I like the improvement .. but weary of which is more true.

Dame is a junior

ahhhh, nice work. Sorry for doubting you. I knew when he came into college and the math wasn't adding up to three years. Thanks for the explanation.

Yeah no problem. Lillard is such a cool guy, that's the main reason I want the Jazz to draft him. He's extremely kind to everyone and a crowd favorite. After games he'd go high five everyone in the student section. Maybe didn't start as the best shooter, but has improved greatly over the years. The coaches said after he broke his foot last year he would still work like crazy to improve doing anything he could. He's really low key, he said he would much rather just stay home and hang out with his family and friends rather than go out partying. I know he is very close to his family and an extremely humble guy.

Yeah no problem. Lillard is such a cool guy, that's the main reason I want the Jazz to draft him. He's extremely kind to everyone and a crowd favorite. After games he'd go high five everyone in the student section. Maybe didn't start as the best shooter, but has improved greatly over the years. The coaches said after he broke his foot last year he would still work like crazy to improve doing anything he could. He's really low key, he said he would much rather just stay home and hang out with his family and friends rather than go out partying. I know he is very close to his family and an extremely humble guy.

Thanks bro.. I appreciate getting the closer details of a prospect rather than just the stat sheet.

Kid brings serious intangibles, he's a leader, has a pretty complete offensive game and is at a huge position of need for us. Have I mentioned I love this kid in the 8 or so threads I've posted in about him? Even games where he's been off in one facet he will make something else work, i.e. BYU where he was their complete defensive focus so he went out and collected 10 boards (second highest of the game for either team).

Compare that to a Quincy Miller who, when he's having an off night, is a complete non-factor (tonight for example: 21 mins, 2pts 4 boards.....thats his ENTIRE stat line). Yes I took this opportunity to bash Miller as well......I said GOOD DAY!

Do I dare say that we have a Weber State inside in our midst? This could be huge!

Kid brings serious intangibles, he's a leader, has a pretty complete offensive game and is at a huge position of need for us. Have I mentioned I love this kid in the 8 or so threads I've posted in about him? Even games where he's been off in one facet he will make something else work, i.e. BYU where he was their complete defensive focus so he went out and collected 10 boards (second highest of the game for either team).

Compare that to a Quincy Miller who, when he's having an off night, is a complete non-factor (tonight for example: 21 mins, 2pts 4 boards.....thats his ENTIRE stat line). Yes I took this opportunity to bash Miller as well......I said GOOD DAY!

I mean this the 'right' way .. but yes, Bodhi, I took notice, back in the day, when you were the first to push Damian hard. Not saying he's gonna be a star, but if there's one guy that was first to pimp his mid-major *** .. it was you. :)

I got ya when/if arguments emerge about first in.