What's new

Donovan.....side-steps again

Man... we could win the title and this guy would be counting the number of people Donovan didn't waive to during the championship parade.
Speaking of the championship parade, I was looking at taking my wife up to San Juan Islands in June, then driving into Vancouver, BC and doing the Sea-to-Sky Highway. It’s a three day weekend that third weekend in June, so that’s the only time we’d be able to do that. I see the finals end on June 19, so I’d either be gone if/when we won or, worse, on a flight Friday night when we’d win. Or if we swept it means the weekend of the parade would be the weekend I was gone and I wouldn’t be able to take my son to it.

Been waiting on this forever. Scheduling a trip during that time definitely means it will happen, right?

I think a big part of how long he stays has to do with our success, or lack thereof. If we get to the Finals, or at least the WCF I think it prompts him to stay for the success. If we continually get bounced in the 1st or 2nd round I think he looks to leave sooner rather than later. In the meantime I am going to enjoy what we have and not worry too much about what may or may not happen 2-4 years from now.

Speaking of the championship parade, I was looking at taking my wife up to San Juan Islands in June, then driving into Vancouver, BC and doing the Sea-to-Sky Highway. It’s a three day weekend that third weekend in June, so that’s the only time we’d be able to do that. I see the finals end on June 19, so I’d either be gone if/when we won or, worse, on a flight Friday night when we’d win. Or if we swept it means the weekend of the parade would be the weekend I was gone and I wouldn’t be able to take my son to it.

Been waiting on this forever. Scheduling a trip during that time definitely means it will happen, right?
Make sure all the deposits are non-refundable and do not get any travel insurance. Your sacrifice is our gain.

The difference between me and oneye when it comes to hating on Donovan is that I dont give 2 ****s if he likes Utah or not. I dont need him to suck the state's dick off to be happy.

Just play some defense here and there and dont always be in hero ball mode just cuz Rudy dropped pass.
I'm okay with it. I'd just like a little more honesty. Like if you aren't going to just answer the questions legitimately don't even do this **** interview. What has grown so old is how hard he tries to protect his image of never being the issue. If you're going to do an interview setting the record straight. Set the f****** record straight you coward.

So, he missed that part of your magic formula?
When asked directly about Utah. Answer directly about Utah in an interview saying you are "setting the record straight". He did this interview by choice, he took that question by choice. Now answer the question you loser.

I think a big part of how long he stays has to do with our success, or lack thereof. If we get to the Finals, or at least the WCF I think it prompts him to stay for the success. If we continually get bounced in the 1st or 2nd round I think he looks to leave sooner rather than later. In the meantime I am going to enjoy what we have and not worry too much about what may or may not happen 2-4 years from now.
With these kind of nonsense answers and the way Donovan acts I'd never trade our 2026 or 2027 1st round picks. You can't successfully do what he wants the franchise to do if they feel his foot is already out the door. It's why the Bucks could go all in for Giannis, they felt he was actually committed. Portland whiffed it with Dame so that can happen. The Jazz need to stop catering to him in the way they do when clearly they don't trust him enough to trade those picks like they didn't this deadline.

Don't think most all star type players would publicly commit to staying with one team whole career
That's not the discussion. Address the current rumors like is being implied that this interview is doing. It does none of it.

When asked directly about Utah. Answer directly about Utah in an interview saying you are "setting the record straight". He did this interview by choice, he took that question by choice. Now answer the question you loser.
The answer is he said he's very happy, and he's currently playing in Utah. Donovan saying "in Utah" doesn't change either of those facts, it's just an extra condition that you think magically changes what he said.

As for me being a loser, I lose all the time. It's part of playing with good competition.

What's Donovan supposed to say, "I love living in Utah. I'm getting two golden retrievers, a house boat for Lake Powell, and a new trailer for my snowmobiles..."

Dude isn't going to say that Utah is his year-round home because it isn't. I don't think any of the players live here much in the off-season. Maybe Joe Ingles does (or did).

Why isn't there a story that asks if Rudy Gobert is happy in Utah? I'm sure he'd rather spend his summers in the French Riviera.

Last edited:
Me to @oneye every time he posts.

oLf1D7.gif

LOL, that's great. Could see it being used a lot.

What's Donovan supposed to say, "I love living in Utah. I'm getting two golden retrievers, a house boat for Lake Powell, and a new trailer for my snowmobiles..."

Dude isn't going to say that Utah is his year-round home because it isn't. I don't think any of the players live here much in the off-season. Maybe Joe Ingles does (or did).

Why isn't there a story that asks if Rudy Gobert is happy in Utah? I'm sure he'd rather spend his summers in the French Riviera.
Because Rudy can be direct when answering a question when asked about it and doesn't try to CAA BS line PR his way through a question. He and Rudy clearly have a relationship of "we aren't friends but we're co-workers" and he makes sure to say they're fine as TEAMMATES. They clearly don't have a great relationship, and yet he can bring himself to publicly at least say something in regards to it. At this point he just totally tries to avoid saying he likes the organization, his situation, or being where he's at in any way. Don't let that motherf***** door hit you in the *** on the way out douche. And here's the thing, it's absolutely to do with the fact he got his feelings hurt that he got some backlash when he decided to be a politician. Welcome to the real world Donovan, there will always be those who negate from what you think.
The answer is he said he's very happy, and he's currently playing in Utah. Donovan saying "in Utah" doesn't change either of those facts, it's just an extra condition that you think magically changes what he said.

As for me being a loser, I lose all the time. It's part of playing with good competition.
The question was specifically and purposely about Utah. Please don't tell me this answer is doing anything but making sure Utah isn't a part of it lol : “Im living my dream, playing with great teammates, of course im happy”

No one asked him about his teammates or dreams. They asked him about the location he is playing in. It's such a politicians handbag to make sure a question is asked so you can pretend you have to answer it, then answer it with **** that no one asked you.

I listened to it. The last half was really good and worth listening to. He is interesting, has a unique perspective on life, and you should listen to the last half.

I didn’t take notes as I listened. As some one who thinks all the rumors about the relationship between Donovan and Rudy are garbage, I began to think that maybe the relationship was a little more strained than I realized. Donovan started talking about how teammates don’t need to be best friends and co workers just need to co exist. But then Chris Haynes asked a question like, “Teammates don’t have to hang out, but do you think this is a relationship that should be a little bit better?” And Don said “I think it’s good.” That alleviated my doubts. I left feeling that they don’t just tolerate each other, they work well together. They aren’t best buds like Royce and Don, but they get along fine.

As for staying in Utah… his priority is winning a championship. That was the emphasis. He thinks he has a chance right and he is surrounded by guys that are focused on it. He’s also focused on right now.

They talked about how a lot of people don’t think Utah will ever win a championship, so members of the media connect dots and create a story about him wanting to leave. Donovan wishes they didn’t do that. He didn’t really comment on how he will feel when his contract runs out, he just said his priority is winning a championship. He didn’t say it has to be in Utah. I guess some Jazz fans feel they are owed that, but that’s because they are entitled fools.

The last half Donovan talks about his charity and his perspective of growing up and being one of the only black kids in a fancy prep school. It’s really worthwhile and I wish people in Utah would listen to it.

When I heard Donovan donated money to his school I was ticked off. I knew he went to one of the best schools in the country and I felt it was a case of the rich getting richer. I didn’t realize he was creating scholarships for low income kids (shame on me for jumping to conclusions!) It’s really cool the work he is doing.

Hopefully we take time to appreciate Donovan for the shortwhile we have have him (whether it’s 3 more years or 13 more years.)
Is that what you call virtue signaling? Thank god Donavan lives up to your super high morals, and cares about poor disadvantaged kids, same as you. You really sound like a really really good person. Thanks for filling us in. I’m kind of in awe of how awesome you are!

The question was specifically and purposely about Utah. Please don't tell me this answer is doing anything but making sure Utah isn't a part of it lol : “Im living my dream, playing with great teammates, of course im happy”
In which state is he based while he is living his dream and playing with great teammates?

Is that one too hard for you?

No one asked him about his teammates or dreams.
No, he said that to explain why he's happy.

They asked him about the location he is playing in.
Where do you think he's living his dream and playing with great team mates?

It's such a politicians handbag to make sure a question is asked so you can pretend you have to answer it, then answer it with **** that no one asked you.
I understand that Mitchell didn't use your magic formula. Too bad for you.

Is that what you call virtue signaling? Thank god Donavan lives up to your super high morals, and cares about poor disadvantaged kids, same as you. You really sound like a really really good person. Thanks for filling us in. I’m kind of in awe of how awesome you are!
That is so far from what JFFR wrote (he was talking primarily about Mitchell) that I hope you use better reading skills if you ever have to operate heavy machinery.

In which state is he based while he is living his dream and playing with great teammates?

Is that one too hard for you?

No, he said that to explain why he's happy.

Where do you think he's living his dream and playing with great team mates?

I understand that Mitchell didn't use your magic formula. Too bad for you.
Donovan didn't answer a certainty pre-screened, and intentional question, but he sure wanted to do a dance and make some feel like he did.

As Tim MacMahon put it on ESPN700 today "If you're a Jazz fan and you're reading what he said as any sort of commitment, perhaps you're being a little naive" He also mentions "I appreciate Donovan and his agent trying to make a calculated play to get out and get in front of this narrative, but it's not like anything he said was much". In regards to wanting out Tim also mentions "on that question you're gonna get the answer in due time, and actions speak a whole lot louder than words, especially when the words leave a lot of wiggle room.....I just think it's a fragile situation, and I will stick with what I've already said".

Spence on Donovan: "I've been told Donovan's kind of like a robot, he is told what to say(by CAA) and he says it, and he does a really good job with it, should we take him at his word?"

Tim: Essentially "NO".

Last edited: