What's new

I feel awful for hayward....that leg break...

Hope he recovers quickly.

In other news, I guess we'll find out who is better, the Hayward-less Celtics or the Hayward-less Jazz.

Even still Boston will probably finish with better record because the east is soooooo bad.

The side benefit of the smug Celtics fans who were insufferable and rubbed it in our face that he left get zero sympathy... none. It's just business.

Strange you don't see the irony that the fan you describe there is probably the Celtics fan mirror image of someone like yourself.

I don't get some of you. Shedding what I can only hope are crocodile tears for this piece of ****.

Are you a Jazz fan? If so, then you should wish great things upon anyone currently wearing a Jazz uniform and wish bad things upon enemies of the Jazz. I can't imagine a bigger enemy right now than Hayward who **** on this team and on SLC to go to ****ing Boston. Because Jazz fans aren't as intelligent and as cultured as the famed Celtics fans.

And don't give me that ******** about how it's one thing to wish a bad season on Hayward and another thing to wish injury upon him. Boo-hoo, the coddled middle class boy who never had any real hardship in his life and who made 60 million already and has a guaranteed contract for another 120 might not ever play in the NBA again. He might have to live out the next 60 years drying his tears with money while playing golf and ****ing his mistresses and trying to figure out how to spend 9 figures. If any of you would like to offer me that deal, I'll give you my address and you can come here and do what you please to my ankle, tibia, and knee with a sledge hammer in exchange.

This news made me happier than the Rubio trade and I have been fantasizing about Rubio in a Jazz uniform since around 2006. Oooh, I'm a bad person for delighting in Hayward getting hurt. I don't ****ing care. I'm a Jazz fan, first and foremost. **** Hayward and his stupid leg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHa3D-musUw

Sometimes as a human it is just better to say nothing if one can't say something nice. I liked your post and I don't have a problem with what you said but my feelings is that the world would be a nicer place if people kept silent if they can't say something nice. It only makes JAzz nation look bad if we seek "Karma". I feel bad for anyone who gets hurt, as a former athlete, getting hurt sucks whether you liked a player or not.

I agree... I think it's always better to be the bigger person but I just get annoyed with some of the people acting indignant about it that's all.

He affected our franchise trajectory and the organization has been pure class. I just understand some of those that are indifferent/vindictive too.

I think both ends of the spectrum have some right to feel how they do. I'm very much in the middle... don't want the guy hurt like that but would I rather see the guy break his leg or hold up the championship trophy after leaving? IDK... so I'm wishing him some of the best... like I hope you get healthy and play basketball but I also hope you never get past the first round and hate playing next to Kyrie.

I got a few messages from people who weren't mean but just said Karma... I don't blame them... and they are good people... I don't know... I'm just not sure how I should process this.

Strange you don't see the irony that the fan you describe there is probably the Celtics fan mirror image of someone like yourself.

Is it? I'm not on twitter putting clovers up and talking smack. I'm pretty rational... for a fan. if Hayward had grace and empathy in how he left I would have been disappointed but not nearly as salty. I have basically turned off any ringer podcast with Simmons or kevin o Conner because I couldn't handle listening to it. Even today in his article they talked about Hayward was ready to flourish under Stevens like he had been hiding all this hidden talent in Utah.

So please judge me based on the fact that I think those fans were insufferable...

You know nothing about me... the irony of being the morality police and judging people is that the morality police would likely think that is wrong.

No one wants to see an injury of that magnitude to any player or anybody. Glad that many of you have empathy for Gordon Haywood. He, like Enes Kanter, both left the Jazz; however it's how you leave and your attitude about why you left.

Thunder fans felt the same about Durant when we had the GSW down 3 - 1. He joins to the very team the Thunder should have beaten if Durant had just had one good game with the advantage OKC had.

An OKC taxi driver recalls the night during the playoffs he transported Draymond Green to K.D's condo complex in OKC's historic Deep Deuce District. That's why we have issues with K.D.

Salt Lake City and Utah will rebound. Good things happen to those who are patient. Like my Grandmother use to say, 'Anything worth having is worth waiting on...'

If your only real experience with Celtics fans is realgm, then yeah those dudes deserve every piece of bad news they get. I migrated to the NBA reddit board and find the overall class of fans 8 steps better, especially Celtics fans.

Celtic Fan on Reddit- "Jazz fans have been classy as hell tonight. And we don’t deserve any of the love they’ve shown. Respect. "

Why, what's the difference? Why is it okay to wish that Hayward's career would take a nosedive for other reasons, but not for injury reasons? His life isn't in danger. His future health isn't in danger. His family's financial future isn't in danger. Why can I wish that LeBron misses a big shot but not that he rolls his ankle? Where's this moral dividing line?

I think in sports, obviously its fine to root against other teams. Thats what sports is, wanting your team to win the other team to lose, Your team to play well the other team to play poorly.

That said, you start to cross the line when you want a guy to suffer a gruesome injury or feel joy he fractures his ankle in front of millions of people. There is a saying I like that says the moment we stop caring about one another is the moment we lose our humanity. I consider my self a HUGE Jazz fan. I love the Jazz. Having them in my life since '97 has been awesome. But I don't think I have to sacrifice my humanity to maintain my Jazz Fandom.

Sports is suppose to be fun. There should be an element of good naturedness to it because in the end we are all still human beings and there are things much bigger than sports. Think about the mentality you are promulgating for a second. It's a blatant disregard for ones well being. It's villainous and barren of decency. And the world is saturated in such things enough. So much suffering in the world already because of it. Nothing should get in the way of good will toward others.

Yeah, let's cheer against opposing teams and their players, but in a good natured way. Good vibes toward everyone. And I think feeling joy for someone getting hurt is just the gate way mentality to fostering a desire to hurt others. Compassion, kindness, empathy, good will should win the day. It's just a game. Nobody needs to hate someone else or wish them harm because of it. That's a bad place to be.

Even still Boston will probably finish with better record because the east is soooooo bad.

I don't think so... they gave up a lot of depth to acquire Hayward and Kyrie. Their bench is pretty thin. Al and Kyrie generally pick up an injury here and there that require missed time.

They will make the playoffs for sure, but they won't have home court advantage. I think around 45 wins with reasonable health.

I think Hayward and the Celtics deserved it. My initial reaction was that this was karma doing its thing.

I also feel very bad for him. This idea that you can't feel sympathy or empathy for someone because they make a lot of money or because they scorned you or hurt you is so dumb.

If your only real experience with Celtics fans is realgm, then yeah those dudes deserve every piece of bad news they get. I migrated to the NBA reddit board and find the overall class of fans 8 steps better, especially Celtics fans.

Celtic Fan on Reddit- "Jazz fans have been classy as hell tonight. And we don’t deserve any of the love they’ve shown. Respect. "

This is true and I wouldn't want our fans judged by the worst twitter trolls we have. I have always felt like we didn't get the media respect we deserve and since so many of the sports talk types come out of Boston there is always some bias. The narrative that Boston was now this super team and Stevens was really going to get a lot out of Hayward now just got a little annoying... I said before the injury that Hayward just had the best year of his career... now we will never really know what the truth was.

I think in sports, obviously its fine to root against other teams. Thats what sports is, wanting your team to win the other team to lose, Your team to play well the other team to play poorly.

That said, you start to cross the line when you want a guy to suffer a gruesome injury or feel joy he fractures his ankle in front of millions of people. There is a saying I like that says the moment we stop caring about one another is the moment we lose our humanity. I consider my self a HUGE Jazz fan. I love the Jazz. Having them in my life since '97 has been awesome. But I don't think I have to sacrifice my humanity to maintain my Jazz Fandom.

Sports is suppose to be fun. There should be an element of good naturedness to it because in the end we are all still human beings and there are things much bigger than sports. Think about the mentality you are promulgating for a second. It's a blatant disregard for ones well being. It's villainous and barren of decency. And the world is saturated in such things enough. So much suffering in the world already because of it. Nothing should get in the way of good will toward others.

Yeah, let's cheer against opposing teams and their players, but in a good natured way. Good vibes toward everyone. And I think feeling joy for someone getting hurt is just the gate way mentality to fostering a desire to hurt others. Compassion, kindness, empathy, good will should win the day. It's just a game. Nobody needs to hate someone else or wish them harm because of it. That's a bad place to be.

Pretty much this... Had a great sports/life experience with my 10 year old son at Game 1 of Jazz Warriors this year. We were one of maybe 20 Jazz fans there. I kept it light and cool and literally every fan around us became friendly and many of them said how refreshing it was to root for their team and discuss things while not being confrontational.

I also had a couple dudes in the hall mean mug me and tell me the team sucked(in not so great language) - with my 10 year old right there. I was able to show him the difference and it didn't hurt the evening.

I would never SEEK karma. I'm not happy it happened. I'm just not especially sad for Betrayward because he happens to be a ball player and it happened on national tv.

Pretty much this... Had a great sports/life experience with my 10 year old son at Game 1 of Jazz Warriors this year. We were one of maybe 20 Jazz fans there. I kept it light and cool and literally every fan around us became friendly and many of them said how refreshing it was to root for their team and discuss things while not being confrontational.

I also had a couple dudes in the hall mean mug me and tell me the team sucked(in not so great language) - with my 10 year old right there. I was able to show him the difference and it didn't hurt the evening.

It's better to be the bigger person, but 5% of me wanted to hit that guy in the face ya know... life is complicated. That is why I'm not going to judge either side of this emotional spectrum.

Think about the mentality you are promulgating for a second. It's a blatant disregard for ones well being. It's villainous and barren of decency. And the world is saturated in such things enough. So much suffering in the world already because of it. Nothing should get in the way of good will toward others.

I wish ill on those who wish ill on me. I especially wish ill on those who not only wish ill on me, but actually do ill to me. Hayward left my favourite sports team. That is doing ill to me. And not just me, but an entire fanbase and really, an entire state. Yes, I'm glad this happened to him. Elated. Made my entire week. I'm not ashamed of it, despite your best efforts to frame me wishing minor injury on someone as the equivalent of genocidal fantasies. Hell, I hope he never recovers and never plays another game in the NBA. I gotta think about what's best for me and what's best for "my family." Just like Hayward.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I had to register and post because nobody is talking about a significant issue. I watched the play where Hayward breaks his leg over and over until I could see what happened. Jae Crowder stuck his butt out and rolled under Hayward taking his legs out from under him while he was at the top of his jump. It appeared to me to be deliberate. Watch him walk away without looking back for a few seconds. He knew what he did was ********. I doubt that he wanted to injure Hayward this badly, but it's obvious to me it was a "Hey mother********** welcome to the eastern conference."
Also here's my welcome for breaking up our old core. All of you who have played basketball know if someone takes your legs out and after you get up you would be ready to tear that ******* head off. This should be looked at and Crowder suspended.

Again stating that I wouldn't wish injury on him but his character is pretty ****ed with how he handled leaving. And he dumped his high school sweetheart of five years for a 18-year-old, which just seems cruel.

I wish ill on those who wish ill on me. I especially wish ill on those who not only wish ill on me, but actually do ill to me. Hayward left my favourite sports team. That is doing ill to me. And not just me, but an entire fanbase and really, an entire state. Yes, I'm glad this happened to him. Elated. Made my entire week. I'm not ashamed of it, despite your best efforts to frame me wishing minor injury on someone as the equivalent of genocidal fantasies. Hell, I hope he never recovers and never plays another game in the NBA. I gotta think about what's best for me and what's best for "my family." Just like Hayward.
Try not to hurt yourself on that edge.

Sent from my SM-G935V using JazzFanz mobile app