What's new

Jon Stewart returning to host the Daily Show

Al-O-Meter

Jon Stewart had a show on Apple+, but left the show over "creative differences". The rumor was that Jon Stewart was critical of China and Apple demanded that he not air anti-China material on their network. Jon Stewart left rather than let himself be muzzled. After a year of trying and failing to find someone to replace Trevor Noah, Paramount jumped at the chance to have Jon Stewart once again take the main seat at Daily Show.

It honestly did seem as if he had never left. Which surprised me somewhat, as I had started to expect “naw, ya can’t go home again”, that was then, this is now. Not so, as he started out saying “Now, where was I?” Good interview as well, with editor of The Economist. The 20 minute opening monologue….

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpBPm0b9deQ&pp=ygULSm9uIHN0ZXdhcnQ%3D
That was so so good.
I would appreciate if you would post each episode when they come out.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

I loved that interview. She was fantastic

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk
I loved that his first guest wasn't a celebrity, or a politician, but someone who actually knows things, someone whose name we probably didn't recognize. Like a band playing a deep cut from their second album on their 30th anniversary tour.

Tucker thought he was going to be the next George Will. He didn’t. And he got fired many many many times from all major news networks. Even Fox News fired him. Being rejected by those he feels owe him, by those who he desperately wants to be admired by, has filled him with rage and grievance. True, he’s popular among the low info morons and racists living in rural Kentucky. But he doesn’t give **** about those guys. What he really wants is to be respected by cultural and political elites. And it’s what fills him with bitterness.

It’s interesting how all of these counter culture bros, Tucker, Matt Taibbi, Glenn Greenwald, become that way after they’re rejected by a culture that they so desperately want to be admired by.

Last edited:
Tucker thought he was going to be the next George Will. He didn’t. And he got fired many many many times from all major news networks. Even Fox News fired him. Being rejected by those he feels owe him, by those who he desperately wants to be admired by, has filled him with rage and grievance. True, he’s popular among the low info morons and racists living in rural Kentucky. But he doesn’t give **** about those guys. What he really wants is to be respected by cultural and political elites. And it’s what fills him with bitterness.

It’s interesting how all of these counter culture bros, Tucker, Matt Taibbi, Glenn Greenwald, become that way after they’re rejected by a culture that they so desperately want to be admired by.
A place I worked a little bit ago there was a guy who would listen to Tucker on his phone in the break room at high volume.

Obviously this person was an idiot because they didn't know that wireless ear buds can cost as little as $12. Wired ones could cost $5. Dumb person. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Is there 200 million low info morons that live in rural kentucky? He wants to be respected by political elites so bad that he criticizes them every chance he gets? Interesting perspective...