What's new

Lottery-ball z

From Ben Anderson: So the Jazz's 5-25 finish to the season was designed to leap both Brooklyn and Atlanta in the lottery rankings, only to see both Brooklyn and Atlanta jump them into the top four.

smd.

From Ben Anderson: So the Jazz's 5-25 finish to the season was designed to leap both Brooklyn and Atlanta in the lottery rankings, only to see both Brooklyn and Atlanta jump them into the top four.

smd.

Basketball karma. I’m disgusted because it’s the Jazz, but if it were another team I’d be laughing at their faces and telling this is what they deserve for purposely losing.

Worst possible case scenario IMO, we keep our pick but instead of moving up we actually fall two spots. So instead of actually being free to compete and establish a culture of winning, this allows Ainge to pick us clean and leave us for dead at the deadline again. What is it like two more years until the Derrick Favors curse elapses. Ainge ain’t gonna let one of his precious picks get away, that’s for certain and NAW and Fontechio are two guys I’d take back in a heartbeat if I could!

1715545896936.gif

Right? I wanted it to convey this year really bad. Ainge screwed up by making the trades and tanking imo.
Why would you want to give up a pick for no reason? The jazz are going to be one of the worst teams in the league over the next few years so there is no point in conveying a pick that will likely never convey.

Why would you want to give up a pick for no reason? The jazz are going to be one of the worst teams in the league over the next few years so there is no point in conveying a pick that will likely never convey.

Well i dont really like being one of the worst teams in the league for long periods of time. If we gave up the pick this year then that would mean we weren't one of the worst teams in the league. That right there is a win for me.

Also it would be nice to just have it behind us and not have to think about it going forward.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

I think if you gather all the evidence of how to win a championship to determine the best way to do it then you probably find that teams that tank dont win championships. Teams that don't tank don't win championships. Teams that tank do win championships. Teams that don't tank do win championships.
Teams that half *** it and are in the middle dont win championships. Except sometimes they do win championships as well.

Building through the draft wins championships. Building through trades and free agency wins championships. Doing a bit of both wins championships. Also all 3 of those strategies don't win championships.

There is chance that we never win a chip in my lifetime. Also probably a similar chance that we do.

It's a crap shoot. And because of that I would rather just not tank and just try to win going forward. Life is short. I savor and enjoy every win. Even regular season wins.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

If we really want to trade up we can. Not being top4 sucks but I don’t care that much that we slipped to 10. I have my preferences but it’s a bit of a dart throw.

By the way… the tank worked. The idea was to get to 8 so if you teams behind you leapt up you’d still keep the pick. Just sucks it was the floor and not the ceiling.

We saved our luck for the next two years.

If we really want to trade up we can. Not being top4 sucks but I don’t care that much that we slipped to 10. I have my preferences but it’s a bit of a dart throw.

By the way… the tank worked. The idea was to get to 8 so if you teams behind you leapt up you’d still keep the pick. Just sucks it was the floor and not the ceiling.

We saved our luck for the next two years.

Yeah, this year is so nuts I feel pretty much the same regarding picks 1-12. In fact, I think I’m most sweet on Cody Williams or Ron Holland. So big whoop.
Next year the Jazz are due their #1 pick FINALLY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk