What's new

Game Thread Mar 23, 2024 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Rockets

Added to Calendar: 03-23-24

Damn Lauri is contused again. They are managing the contusion really well though. Play him against Dallas in a game we lose either way… rest him in this must lose game. Smart.
Mother ****ers should have done that type of stuff from day one last season

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Damn Lauri is contused again. They are managing the contusion really well though. Play him against Dallas in a game we lose either way… rest him in this must lose game. Smart.
No it's not. Either sit him or don't.

Doing this **** and we'll see a lot more 4/23 shooting nights, because he has absolutely no rhythm.

And if you sit him for good, don't then wonder why he has zero chemistry with Keyonte and their two-man game looks like they met on the court for the first time.

Doing this **** and we'll see a lot more 4/23 shooting nights, because he has absolutely no rhythm.

And if you sit him for good, don't then wonder why he has zero chemistry with Keyonte and their two-man game looks like they met on the court for the first time.
Lol

He’s getting some reps but selectively sitting to help the tank. I doubt he will forget how to shoot.

Why is he playing every other game? Make it make sense.
Due to the changing levels of opponents we are playing.

Like if we play the pistons, followed by the wizards, followed by the hawks, followed by the raptors and then the pistons again then he would sit all of the games

If we play Boston, nuggets, bucks, thunders, suns then he plays 5 straight.

You guys think too hard. You just don't **** around with leg issues, unless it's really important game. Earlier in the season he sat out few weeks for hamstring, and after that, had twice one game off for hamstring management. That's the main reason now as well, managing the quadriceps and avoid to play too much too soon.

You guys think too hard. You just don't **** around with leg issues, unless it's really important game. Earlier in the season he sat out few weeks for hamstring, and after that, had twice one game off for hamstring management. That's the main reason now as well, managing the quadriceps and avoid to play too much too soon.
Then shut him down lol. It’s a bruise.

A) Sit him for the rest of the season. Sure, fine. Good for tanking, no injury risk, the rookies can play all the minutes they can take.
B) Play him. Sure, good. Lauri can work on everything he / the team thinks he needs to become an even better player. He can work with Keyonte - apparently everyone pretty much agrees they are the two cornerstones. And you can still make your odds of losing pretty good by for example calling the same Keyonte/Lauri P&R 15 times in a row.

C) This. Another half-assed, worst of both worlds, makes no sense and involves no logic move of playing him every other game.

(And no, bruises / charlie horses require no "injury management" after it's healed in reality, that's just silly.)

A) Sit him for the rest of the season. Sure, fine. Good for tanking, no injury risk, the rookies can play all the minutes they can take.
B) Play him. Sure, good. Lauri can work on everything he / the team thinks he needs to become an even better player. He can work with Keyonte - apparently everyone pretty much agrees they are the two cornerstones. And you can still make your odds of losing pretty good by for example calling the same Keyonte/Lauri P&R 15 times in a row.

C) This. Another half-assed, worst of both worlds, makes no sense and involves no logic move of playing him every other game.

(And no, bruises / charlie horses require no "injury management" after it's healed in reality, that's just silly.)
This doesn't make sense to me at all. How isn't A-and-a-half just somewhere between A and B? He gets reps with the rookies, he gets to play ball, but he does also manage load on a somewhat worn body.

This doesn't make sense to me at all. How isn't A-and-a-half just somewhere between A and B? He gets reps with the rookies, he gets to play ball, but he does also manage load on a somewhat worn body.
Because it achieves neither.

NBA players aren't robots that you can put in "sleep mode" for five days and then just put on the court. I don't think it was a coincidence how out-of-sorts Lauri looked in the last game and how bad him and Keyonte together looked. And it's putting even more of a burden on Keyonte as a rookie. Every other game he's asked to be the main scorer and everything is in hands, every other game he's asked to look for Lauri first and their two-man game often. He's got enough on his plate already without having to deal with this ******** idea.

Also, Lauri's body isn't worn. Or if it is, after 53 games, then everyone should be worried. If there's a point in time when this team is competitive, he'll be asked to play 90+. Let's say he plays five more this season, then his average for the last six seasons will be 56 games played. That's another thing he (and everyone that would be part of that competitive team) needs to prove.

You can never be too carful lol
Mother ****ers should have done that type of stuff from day one last season

This post is very validating for me.
Why is he playing every other game? Make it make sense.
Lol

Ah, they are playing him in the important games like on the road vs Dallas. That one was super more important than the rest

NBA players aren't robots that you can put in "sleep mode" for five days and then just put on the court. I don't think it was a coincidence how out-of-sorts Lauri looked in the last game and how bad him and Keyonte together looked. And it's putting even more of a burden on Keyonte as a rookie. Every other game he's asked to be the main scorer and everything is in hands, every other game he's asked to look for Lauri first and their two-man game often. He's got enough on his plate already without having to deal with this ******** idea.

Also, Lauri's body isn't worn. Or if it is, after 53 games, then everyone should be worried. If there's a point in time when this team is competitive, he'll be asked to play 90+. Let's say he plays five more this season, then his average for the last six seasons will be 56 games played. That's another thing he (and everyone that would be part of that competitive team) needs to prove.
Ya no player has ever been load managed. Every player in the NBA either plays every game or no games at all.

Ya no player has ever been load managed. Every player in the NBA either plays every game or no games at all.
But this isn't load management, which is something completely different. Your strawman is not pretty.

First of all, it's done by the players that are at least aiming to play in game #10x of the season. Lauri has absolutely no need to conserve his energy for games in June.
Secondly, it's not every other game, but games that make sense (b2bs, against the weakest opposition in a stretch of games).

They may not be robots, but of course you can skip some games and still be in rhythm. In almost every other sport and league you play way less games than in the NBA. I agree it might be harder on Keyonte who has to juggle roles, but that's great learning in itself.

All NBA bodies are worn this time of year, at least given that you play significant minutes.