What's new

One keeper

Growlor

Looking at the Jazz acquisitions in the past year... if you could only keep one for the next 2-4 years, which would it be?

DeMarre Carroll (Feb 8, 2012)
Randy Foye
Marvin Williams
Mo Williams

Randy Foye.

DeMarre is a close 2nd, but I think Foye is a legit combo guard and talented shooter. Whereas, Carroll should be replaced on the floor by a better talent.

I'm trying to remember what Mo looks like.....

At what cost? Stating they are all the same it shouldn't be a question... Mo Williams.

If your talking about what they will require come contract time.... Carroll or Foye... Both as your 7th or 8th players off the bench.

I go with DeMarre. He fills his respective role on the team better than the other three. I like Foye most of the time, but its tough when he guards superstars, or goes cold. You can't deny that his shooting has been helpful. It feels like Mo and Marvin are just the definition of average as starters and at best, give us the status quo 6-8th seed year after year in a starting role.

Foye... His three point shooting is much needed if we are going to give favors and is Kanter space!!!

Demarre Carrol is has developed into an above average SF backup, and every team needs an energy guy. Price is the next option to consider: If his cost is 3/$6M then he fits this question best. But if Foye is 3/$7.5... that is hard to pass up too.

The only for sure 'no' I have is Foye.
He's likely going to start if he gets a contract and if he starts, Gordon Hayward either sits or plays the 3.
We've been terrible defensively when Hayward is the 3 and Foye is the 2. Hayward's best position is the 2. Foye is not a starting SG because of his size and I know Corbin won't put him on bench after the year he's having. Remember- Corbin kept Foye on Harden and Kobe when they were schooling Foye all game.

Foye is the obvious answer.

Especially if you could get his minutes down to 20 a night. Then he is amazing off the bench.

If they are getting the exact same contract then i go with foye.... since in reality foye will cost more, then i go with carroll.