What's new

Potential Trade Targets

I think Clarkson and KO both get moved....but similar to the Lakers deal last year, I think there's a good chance we are disappointed/we overestimated the return on the players we send out.

Simple trade: THT for Killian Hayes

Both on expiring deals. Both could use a change of scenery.
I have wanted to take a swing for Killian since the off season. I think he is probably a bust, but if he figures out his offense he would be a great fit as a pass first, over-sized play maker that can defend.
Tbh you could’ve proposed THT for literally anybody who is expiring and I’d be down

I don't know how you trade a guy who wants to be here, when there are so few around. If he'd take bit of a cut on his next contract to stay here ( highly unlikely) why not sign him and keep his versatility? I know he's supposedly out of the timeline but shorten his minutes and have him for emergencies. He seems like a great locker room guy and he's easy to like. His defense is questionable but with the right guys around him maybe it works.

I don't know how you trade a guy who wants to be here, when there are so few around. If he'd take bit of a cut on his next contract to stay here ( highly unlikely) why not sign him and keep his versatility? I know he's supposedly out of the timeline but shorten his minutes and have him for emergencies. He seems like a great locker room guy and he's easy to like. His defense is questionable but with the right guys around him maybe it works.
I think it really comes down to what can you get back if you trade him.

Trade Keyonte/Hendricks/Picks for Trae. Would think it would take 3 picks. The inclusion of Key/Hendricks counts as two picks, so 5 picks would put it right around the price for these star trades.

Trade Clarkson for Grimes (Ainge magic to squeeze a first?).

Trade Olynyk for assets (Ainge magic gets a first?). Maybe Jordan Walsh?

Try to trade Sexton for DFS and the 2025 Suns 1st rounder.

Trae/ Dunn
Grimes/ Ochai
DFS / THT/ Sensabaugh
Lauri/ Simone
Walker/ Collins/ Yurtseven

Is this a perfect Trae Young team? Two 3&D wings who dont need the ball. The best shooting big in the NBA and the best rim protector in the NBA.
No
**** trae

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

It's cute how people are squinting hard at Murray and seeing an unselfish, defense-minded All Star who can score from all over the court.

If he was that guy, he wouldn't be available.

So what is he? A Klutch client with a reconstructed ACL who'll be making almost $30 million per season.
I'm not liking your trade proposals

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Am I missing something? Trae would be awesome here.
He's annoying to watch and just not my cup of tea personally. I think its fair to question how far you can go if he is your #1. He's a guy that takes up a lot of oxygen on offense and in the locker room. Obviously talented but I wonder what he looks like without his BS foul drawing. I know he had an amazing playoff run once but not sure that will be his standard. I think he won a "most overrated player" award voted on by the players in a landslide.

The acquisition cost is a whole other issue.

Yeah, having top 30 players is awful.
Depends on the top 30 player.

Top 30 doesn't equal me automatically wanting them on the team. I'm not that simple

Sent from my OPD2203 using Tapatalk

Am I missing something? Trae would be awesome here.
I don't like his game or his style. I don't really want a ball dominant undersized point guard who doesn't play defense for my star player.
Hawks just don't ever really feel like a contender to me. He isn't where I want to throw my biggest contracts.
He isn't efficient enough for me. 43% from the field and 35% from three leaves me wanting more from a superstar undersized ball hog. He has to be close to the top of the league in turnovers as well. Only year with less than 4 per game was his rookie year (3.8)
Only been an all star 2 out of his 6 years but you have to pay him, use him, and pretend like he is a superstar.
There are lots of good things about him. I acknowledge that. He just ain't it for me.
Sent from my OPD2203 using Tapatalk

Last edited: