What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

what we should have done for Rudy.

There were so many unforced errors from this era that were fixable and within the franchise’s control. We talk a lot about defensive limitations on the perimeter in terms of tools that those guys had (or didn’t have), which is true, but the real Achilles heel was what Quin’s strategy had accustomed everyone to and the fact that he never acknowledged this. All we needed were our guys to attempt to stay in front of their man and it would have prevented enough of the bleeding to stave off the inevitable mental collapses that were destined to follow. If you watch any of those plays, it’s quite unreal, honestly to a historic proportion, how there is absolutely no scenario where any resistance to staying in front can be shown. Nobody playing in the NBA can play as bad of perimeter defense as the whole team showed. We overemphasize physical defensive limitations. I’d say you could only attribute 40–50% of our defensive liabilities to physical capability. The rest was strategy and conditioning (behavioral conditioning). The blind spot that enabled this was appealing to Quin as a genius and geniuses don’t miss something so obvious, so we wasted our best chances at a title since the 90s. So there were a couple spoiled apples in the bunch and we said, “burn this whole **** down, ain’t no path anywhere from here.” With an outside hire that didn’t appreciate that position, it’s easy to facilitate. We determine we can’t have postseason success with Rudy premised off Quin’s flawed application.

the real Achilles heel was what Quin’s strategy had accustomed everyone to and the fact that he never acknowledged this.

The curse of Rudy. Having the greatest interior defender of this millennium meant that not only did the front office trade away anyone who could play defense without replacing them, they also gave the green light to those who stayed to stop playing defense.

It boggles the mind to think that this was Mitchell's pre-draft analysis on Nbadraft.net

"Probably the most appealing part of Mitchell’s game lies on the defensive end … By the end of his second year at Louisville, he established himself as a multi-positional stopper who a coach can put on point guards, shooting guards and even some small forwards … Mitchell has outstanding physical tools to be a lockdown defender, with his elite length, strong frame and quick feet"

It's like they're talking about a whole other guy.

We'd like to welcome the Lakers on being the first team swept from the playoffs! Great job!
Actually, its a 7 game series so a team has to win 4 games to advance

Sent from my OPD2203 using Tapatalk

Actually, its a 7 game series so a team has to win 4 games to advance

Sent from my OPD2203 using Tapatalk
Lakers/Denver will be the first series to play their 4th game with a 3-0 count so they will most likely be the first swept is what he is getting at

and that's going to happen on Saturday
Ya it's possible

Makes a lot of sense to post something like "I think the Lakers will be the first team to get swept on these playoffs"

This

" We'd like to welcome the Lakers on being the first team swept from the playoffs! Great job!"

Makes much less sense because it didn't happen

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Lakers/Denver will be the first series to play their 4th game with a 3-0 count so they will most likely be the first swept is what he is getting at
Yep that is what he was getting at.

What I was getting at is that his post is inaccurate.

Ya it's possible

Makes a lot of sense to post something like "I think the Lakers will be the first team to get swept on these playoffs"

This

" We'd like to welcome the Lakers on being the first team swept from the playoffs! Great job!"

Makes much less sense because it didn't happen

I hope you quote every single person and say the same exact thing in the game threads when people say "Jazz win this game." Something like that is said in every single game thread. It's not any different.

I was declaring the series over just like a jazzfan declares a win before the game happens. Really odd that you single that specific quote out. If you even watched 1 second of any of this series (which I can tell you haven't by singling that out), the Lakers are not interested in playing a full 48 minute game. They are interested in pulling keyonte George (complain to the ref and don't get back on defense) and let the nuggets easily score.

Man.

I knew Sixers/Knicks game 3 was obviously going to be rigged after what happened with Game 2, but all the highlights of Embiid's dirty plays, coupled with the fact that he had more FTs than the entire Knicks team... damn.

The NBA really outdid themselves this time

I hope you quote every single person and say the same exact thing in the game threads when people say "Jazz win this game." Something like that is said in every single game thread. It's not any different.

I was declaring the series over just like a jazzfan declares a win before the game happens. Really odd that you single that specific quote out. If you even watched 1 second of any of this series (which I can tell you haven't by singling that out), the Lakers are not interested in playing a full 48 minute game. They are interested in pulling keyonte George (complain to the ref and don't get back on defense) and let the nuggets easily score.
I never see posts in jazz gamethreads congratulating the jazz on wins for games that are days away. In fact gamethreads often don't even exist at that point to post in.

I also never see posts in gamethreads congratulating the jazz on a win the day of the game. I see posts like "jazz will win this game" or "I'm putting this down as a win" (these posts appear to be predictions)

I wouldn't have found it strange for you to say that you think the Lakers will get swept or you think the nuggets finish the Lakers off in 4 or the nuggets will sweep. It was just a strange post because the way it was posted was as if the series had in fact ended. I thought that you might have actually thought that the series was in fact over and there where no more games to be played in the series.

But whatevs. I'm ready to move on

Last edited:
LOL @ Lakers trading for D.Lo when they could have had Conley from us straight up for the pick.
I'm going to be honest, I had the odds of Conley being hale and healthy for a playoff run as pretty damn low.

Still would have taken him over D-Lo though. . .

man if the Magic can win this series Donny will be out the door
Oh, is Don currently in the playoffs?

I do wonder how happy he could be that series is mostly being played on NBA TV. With the exception of hardcore NBA fans I can't imagine there are many paying much attention to that series outside of Cleveland or Orlando.