What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

What a game.
Knicks couldn't get a defensive rebound at the end. That has killed them. A couple missed free throws too.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Not sure I have ever rooted for a non jazz team in the playoffs harder than I am rooting for the Knicks.
I love this team. Great hard working culture. Bring your lunch pail team. Sloan would love these guys

Denver ballin. They are a different offensive team when Murray is cooking (obvi)

Felt like there was a stretch where Minnesota missed 3 or 4 straight layups that usually go and it just put them in a huge slump and Denver was able to play comfortably

Minnesota's crowd has been disappointing.

I get it's a blowout now, but from the start of the game I expected a Utah-tier crowd given they're up 2-0 on the defending champs, and instead got a meh one.

Kyle Anderson getting ejected for complaining about a missed call on a play where his teammate got injured is very strange in a series where a player got nothing for throwing objects onto the court during live play.

Edited - he did not get ejected, just a technical.

Kyle Anderson getting ejected for complaining about a missed call on a play where his teammate got injured is very strange in a series where a player got nothing for throwing objects onto the court during live play.

Yeah but letting Murray off was so the NBA can have this series more competitive.

There's a lot of Don vs Rudy discussion and whose "fault" it was....my takeaway is that really fked up when we had them. They're really good players.
Exactly. Such argument is for the Celtics. For the past three seasons or so their management have built the perfect roster but their star players simply couldn't get it done.

With the Celtics I do get the sense that they don't have like a killer. I don't think they have dudes that shrink either. I just think the style of play they turn a 5 game series into a 6 game series. And you contrast that with Minny who seems to have no chill and Ant is a stone cold killer... and they turn a 5 game series into a sweep.

Celtics take a few nights in chill mode every series it seems. Sometimes they still win. Cavs played well and shot the ball well. Lets see if they can do it again.
And then the Wolves get blown out by 27.

Winning game after game is just hard.

There's a lot of Don vs Rudy discussion and whose "fault" it was....my takeaway is that really fked up when we had them. They're really good players.
They are really good but without the desire to be great. Mitchell when he was on the Jazz did not care to play defense at all and Gobert never put any serious effort into becoming a better offensive player. A center that cannot back up and score over a 6'2" guard is an embarrassment. It's really hard to build a team around players lacking the drive to get better and work on their limitations. After each playoff defeat they were content to point fingers at others.

And they did not like each other and did not have each other's back, especially in the last years.

Last edited:
They are really good but without the desire to be great. Mitchell when he was on the Jazz did not care to play defense at all and Gobert never put any serious effort into becoming a better offensive player. A center that cannot back up and score over a 6'2" guard is an embarrassment. It's really hard to build a team around players lacking the drive to get better and work on their limitations. After each playoff defeat they were content to point fingers at others.

And they did not like each other and did not have each other's back, especially in the last years.
Gobert improved drastically offensively over the years. He’s just never developed a post game which might just be based on his high center of gravity. He was rough offensively in those first few years. His hands were awful. Then he became the greatest lob threat in the league.

Last edited:

I think Murray was fined $100,000 fwiw