What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Imagine if they kept most of their core and added Lauri.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk
Or just a backup center better than Williams… They maybe didn’t need to be aggressive in going for Lauri but all the noise around them was just “nah we good”. Maybe they didn’t think they were for real yet but a trip to the conference finals for this young team would have been huge.

Or just a backup center better than Williams… They maybe didn’t need to be aggressive in going for Lauri but all the noise around them was just “nah we good”. Maybe they didn’t think they were for real yet but a trip to the conference finals for this young team would have been huge.

Their weaknesses were so obvious and then they go and get Hayward who has scored as many points in the playoffs as I have just because they only needed to spend a second round pick.

I have to admit that I thought Dallas was screwed last year and didn't have enough assets to build around Luka and Kyrie. They've really done a masterful job of improving with limited resources. Drafting Lively, signing exum, trading for Gafford and PJ, they've all been great moves.
Kyrie is super locked in too and that is HUGE!

OKC being too long term focused and being a little too high on their own supply gonna cost em a trip to the western conference finals. Didn’t want to make a move. Actually helped facilitate the trade of Gafford to Dallas. Could have absolutely put a bid in on Washington. Whoops.
Yep. I didn't understand why they didn't look to add a big at the deadline. The Hayward acquisition ended up being a waste.

I have to admit that I thought Dallas was screwed last year and didn't have enough assets to build around Luka and Kyrie. They've really done a masterful job of improving with limited resources. Drafting Lively, signing exum, trading for Gafford and PJ, they've all been great moves.
I’m really not sure why OKC bailed them out by giving them a first to get Gafford. Super weird decision.

I’m really not sure why OKC bailed them out by giving them a first to get Gafford. Super weird decision.
They got a far out swap and got off of Bertans money… not sure if the last part was all wrapped in the same deal… but yeah why help an in conference team and not really look to address your own issues with the pile of assets you have?

They got a far out swap and got off of Bertans money… not sure if the last part was all wrapped in the same deal… but yeah why help an in conference team and not really look to address your own issues with the pile of assets you have?
Presti too obsessed with adding to the war chest instead of going for it. West is wide open and he might have blown a year by sitting on his hands.

Trading for Mitchell was such a dumb move for Cleveland. They would be just as good or better if they kept the team intact and then had all their picks to improve. Even if Lauri didnt make his big jump. But I am really glad we didnt end up with the NY package.

Gafford and PJ were huge additions

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

OKC is a really good team. They are not shiny on offense but they execute their game plan very well. And they get SGA. They probably lack of experiences to win it this year but they have a bright future.