What's new

The official: The OKC Thunder shop is open!

I feel pretty good about a total clipper collapse for that 2027 pick swap. To me that is the real prize that the thunder own. If we are doing a deal with the thunder then these are the picks I'm demanding.

12th pick this year
Clippers 25 swap rights so either the clipper or thunder pick
Clippers 26 pick
Clippers 27 swap rights so either the clipper or thunder pick
Mavs 28 swap rights so either the mavs or thunder pick

If we get those picks I'm fine with them keeping Cason and us taking back Giddey and Dieng.

So I mistakenly thought that they only had 25 and 26 from the Clippers, the value goes up exponentially so 27 Clippers swap is a really good pick to own. The 27 swap was not included in @Handlogten's Heros proposal, but I think it's inclusion would be pushing the "hard to say no" boundary.

Still, I think HOU can compete with this offer and they might want to.

So I mistakenly thought that they only had 25 and 26 from the Clippers, the value goes up exponentially so 27 Clippers swap is a really good pick to own. The 27 swap was not included in @Handlogten's Heros proposal, but I think it's inclusion would be pushing the "hard to say no" boundary.

Missed the 27 swap. OKC and Houston… our lines are open.

With Houston, Okc and maybe even the spurs I think you could see quite the bidding war to keep Lauri out of the other teams hands. Out of those 3 teams though houston can probably put together the best offer. An offer of Jabari Smith and the 3rd pick is pretty enticing because it is immediate young talent. Those nets picks and swaps could also be up there with the clipper picks and swaps.

With Houston, Okc and maybe even the spurs I think you could see quite the bidding war to keep Lauri out of the other teams hands. Out of those 3 teams though houston can probably put together the best offer. An offer of Jabari Smith and the 3rd pick is pretty enticing because it is immediate young talent. Those nets picks and swaps could also be up there with the clipper picks and swaps.

I'm not really in the mood to think about it too hard, but I would much rather Lauri going to Houston vs OKC.

If we do end up moving Lauri to OKC or Houston I bet the spurs would have some interest Sexton. I think he would be an ideal fit on that team and they would probably consider Sexton for the 8th pick and Graham if they really want to go into win now mode.

HOU and OKC are the most obvious destinations IMO, but I expect Lauri to have a ton of suitors. I don't think it's unreasonable to think that some younger teams would want to go after him in an attempt to improve fast (SAS, DET, CHO) and I also think he will have interest from the older, desperate teams trying to reach contention (GSW, LAL, MIA). There are also teams like NYK and BKN who have been heavily rumored to want to trade for a star soon. Maybe even ATL hops in with the #1 pick.

Not everyone will be interested or have enough of the goods, but I think a bidding war would ensue. I think HOU would have the most elite, top heavy assets. Amen, Jabari Smith, and #3 would be at the top of my list. If they want to hold tight onto either or both of those players, Eason, Green, Whitmore are interesting pieces and they still have the BKN picks.

Lauri with the thunder has the potential to be scary good. That starting lineup would be insane and fit together so well.

Very likely they would be amazing.

There's a chance that they would have too many mouths to feed though.

HOU and OKC are the most obvious destinations IMO, but I expect Lauri to have a ton of suitors. I don't think it's unreasonable to think that some younger teams would want to go after him in an attempt to improve fast (SAS, DET, CHO) and I also think he will have interest from the older, desperate teams trying to reach contention (GSW, LAL, MIA). There are also teams like NYK and BKN who have been heavily rumored to want to trade for a star soon. Maybe even ATL hops in with the #1 pick.

Not everyone will be interested or have enough of the goods, but I think a bidding war would ensue. I think HOU would have the most elite, top heavy assets. Amen, Jabari Smith, and #3 would be at the top of my list. If they want to hold tight onto either or both of those players, Eason, Green, Whitmore are interesting pieces and they still have the BKN picks.
I can't imagine Amen is on the table but I would expect Jabari and the 3rd pick plus a Nets pick or 2 to be in play.

What about a deal with Sacramento for Keegan Murray and picks or Houston for Jabari and jalen and a couple picks?

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

What about a deal with Sacramento for Keegan Murray and picks or Houston for Jabari and jalen and a couple picks?

If they are willing to give up Murray plus some unprotected and swaps then they definitely enter the equation but I think that would be a mistake for them. I don't think adding Lauri and losing Murray gets them to contention. I would have strong interest though in pick 13 this year to go along with 27 unprotected, 28 swap, 29 unprotected, 30 swap and 31 unprotected. I think that is what they would have to offer to beat out the rockets and thunder. I can't imagine them making that offer though since they can't do a renegotiate and extend. That is one of the reasons that the rockets and thunder make the most sense is the ability to do a renegotiate and extend as well.

I can't imagine Amen is on the table but I would expect Jabari and the 3rd pick plus a Nets pick or 2 to be in play.

I think they will be very reluctant to trade Amen/Jabari, but they are probably not in the Chet/JWilliams tier of untouchables.

HOU would probably want to start with #3 and Jalen Green. Not a terrible starting point tbh.

I think they will be very reluctant to trade Amen/Jabari, but they are probably not in the Chet/JWilliams tier of untouchables.

HOU would probably want to start with #3 and Jalen Green. Not a terrible starting point tbh.

It would be nice to start there and end with another of either Thompson or Jabari and a couple more picks. Wishful thinking I’m sure.

I'd love to get Giddey, but I wouldnt want to give up anything extremely (future) valuable for him.

It's a shame Clarkson didnt play the entire season like it was home games this past season because he would be a really interesting trade piece for a lot of contending type teams. I just dont think any FO is going to look at Clarkson's total stats from this past year and want to deal anything of value for him.

If we do end up moving Lauri to OKC or Houston I bet the spurs would have some interest Sexton. I think he would be an ideal fit on that team and they would probably consider Sexton for the 8th pick and Graham if they really want to go into win now mode.
I'm confused as to why Lauri to OKC makes the Spurs have interest in Sexton. I would think those two things would be mutually exclusive.

I'm confused as to why Lauri to OKC makes the Spurs have interest in Sexton. I would think those two things would be mutually exclusive.

I think the idea is that if we move Lauri, we would also move Sexton. SAS interest in Sexton is independent of what happens to Lauri, but our interest in trading Sexton is not.

I think the idea is that if we move Lauri, we would also move Sexton. SAS interest in Sexton is independent of what happens to Lauri, but our interest in trading Sexton is not.
But it has been rumored that Utah was shopping Sexton at the deadline while not being interested in Lauri offers, so I dont that's true either.