What's new

Valanciunas update: buyout agreement close but won't allow him to play next year

If we have a long lockout he could be the perfect pick then. Still able to play and develop in Europe. I think he has to much upside to pass over if he is still there at 12.

I say take him at 12 and give Jefferson another chance to prove his worth. If he doesn't then there is no need to worry. Get rid of Jefferson and bring in JV for the 12-13 season.

I'd take him, 100%, at #12 ... provided his contract gets worked out and he'll play in season 2.

I would definitely take him at 12 even if it is two years before he plays. He would be the steal of the draft at 12.

I'd take him, 100%, at #12 ... provided his contract gets worked out and he'll play in season 2.

We probably won't have that guarantee by draft day that he'll play in season 2. I hate European buyouts and am scared of a Rubio situation. Maybe Jonas doesn't want to come to Utah and makes life miserable for us and tries to stay in Europe.

I could see GM's passing on him too in fear of job security, wanting early results to please Ownership/fans.

Yeah the Jazz are in the best position to take him since they have two lotto picks. No way Cavs draft him with their 4th. He could of course still go in the 8-11 range.

You have to take him at 12. Interesting to see if this affects KOC's decision to move down. If Kanter becomes a hotter commodity, the deals might get better.

So, here is the bigger question, as opposed to taking him at 12.

If the cavs plan was to take him at 4, so they could have their big/small combo with the 1/4 pick thinking the jazz are going to take kanter, do they now take Williams knowing knight would be there at 4?

Does that mean Irving is available at 3 if the wolves keep the pick? And, does it mean the jazz work even harder to move up to 2 to get Irving? This is a huge development.

I think it works out better for Cleveland, they should still take him at #4. That pick was a freebie anyway. They play thier way towards another top 3 pick next year, he gets more coaching, playing time and experience in a league better than the D-League.