What's new

Who should the Jazz bring back next year?

Who should the Jazz bring back next year (pick up to 4)

• Omer Yurtseven

Votes: 33 45.8%
  • Darius Bazley

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • Kenneth Lofton Jr

Votes: 66 91.7%
  • Kira Lewis Jr.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kris Dunn*

Votes: 64 88.9%
  • Luka Samanic*

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Johnny Juzang*

Votes: 51 70.8%
  • Micah Potter*

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters

SoberasHotRod

The Tank has given us an extended look at our end of the bench, so who are the keepers?

The Jazz have 8 players under guaranteed contracts and potentially 3 rookies to sign and free agents. For now let's just assume we will be bringing up to four of the following players back.

* Free Agents, so not entirely up to Jazz

I really wish we would have gotten a better look at Kira Lewis. He showed some flashes when he received more than scrap minutes but not enough to have any idea of what he can actually do.

Juzang, Yurt are no brainers IMHO.
I wouldn't be mad at all with Potter, Lofton being around, in fact I'd be good.
Bazley, Dunn can provide useful attributes out there too.
Now we just need a big part of the upper guys... and some taste for try to win games.

I went with 3 cuz I don’t care if they bring back Yurt.

I think Dunn chooses to go elsewhere. There are probably at least a few contenders that value his defense and will throw an offer at him.

Our cup runneth over.... YIKES

Never been more talent in the league, and yet...
It's really shocking and depressing how much ground the Jazz need to make up to even get into the six seed discussions....

No option for just "nope"?
Dunn would have likely recieved some all-defense love if we didn't tank our faces off. At very least I think we can sign him to a deal that makes him an asset. "nope" is a bad option.

Dunn would have likely recieved some all-defense love if we didn't tank our faces off. At very least I think we can sign him to a deal that makes him an asset. "nope" is a bad option.
He's probably the one I see the most value in, even if just off the bench. Pays to have a solid defensive minded pass first PG off the bench.

I'd bring back Dunn, Lofton, Juzang, Yurtseven and also see if I have room for Potter. I think they'll keep Bazley for another year, since he's good enough defensively and can play a couple positions.

Samanic should move on. Kira Lewis isn't a priority. You didn't list Preston, but I'm guessing they'll play him during Summer League and give him a camp invite before seeing where things stand.

Last edited:
I'd bring back Dunn, Lofton, Juzang, Yurtseven and also see if I have room for Potter. I think they'll keep Bazley for another year, since he's good enough defensively and can play a couple positions.

Samanic should move on. Kira Lewis isn't a priority. You didn't list Preston, but I'm guessing they'll play him during Summer League and give him a camp invite before seeing where things stand.
Preston is on a 2 way. No reason to sign him

Dunn is a no brainer if price lines up. Lofton is a no brainer. I like where Juzang is headed even if he just becomes a 3 and nothing else really wing. His defense is bad but he can be passable and I think he does more than just a spot up guy. He might be a 10th or 11th guy but worth keeping around. Maybe like the current version of Taurean Prince. It’s worth a roster spot but not someone that needs to play.

I’m super excited about Lofton. Keep him away from Crumble and have him working with all the shooting gurus.