What's new

Wiggins vs Parker

I think Parker might be a very dangerous NBA prospect. He's a 6'8" wing/PF. A tweener. Lacks the explosiveness that wings must have yet lacks the size for a PF. Is he D-Will 2.0? Is he Thomas (who went to Kansas and who cannot seem to get any PT in the association)? Or Beasley? Is he that Ohio St tweener drafted by the celtics whose name is escaping me? Is he Jeff Green? None have set the world on fire. Or (best case) is he Melo? Who... Again, hasn't set the world on fire.

Honest question. Have you ever seen Jabari Parker play? He's a true small forward. He lacks explosiveness? That's news to me. I honestly laugh at people like you because you're literally a boxscore scout. Please actually watch a player before you start making judgements? Parker is a very good athlete and is very good at handling the ball. See below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8msbvNIE0o&feature=youtu.be

Parker looks like Carmelo. Awesome.

I'm watching the Duke opener.. holy **** Jabari is good. Coach K is using him like he used LeBron in the Olympics. If we can get a pick that is Top 2 and a new coach, we're going to be contenders for a long time.

These guys get it. Jabari Parker is the best player in the country and we'll be lucky if we can take him in the draft.

Thriller is off, Parker fits the NBA 3 well imo

You gonna compare him to Jeff Green and then say that Melo sucks? Jesus man

Depends on the ego.

However, I don't think the players take it as a slap in the face unless your team is picking later 1st round where BPA gets much murkier.
If you have the right player.. they're always motivated to be the BPA at their position on the team, knowing the team is always going to take BPA in the draft.

Don't disagree. My thought was if Jazz draft Randle then the players and the league know someone is out, muddling the FO's value prop and potentially creating issues.

Also, I don't know how to put it well but your post gave me a much needed refreshing look at player psychology. We treat them like a bunch of dumb *** jocks.

The Jazz are going to be in a tough spot if they land the #2 pick. Taking Randle (the right choice) is taking a steamy dump on Favors-Kanter-Gobert, but it would most likely be the right move.

I don't know how they squirm out of that decision without playing their cards before showdown. Someone has to make an offer for Kanter or Favors in the 7-10 range before draft madness to avoid sour grapes all around.

I wouldn't mind seeing a shake up to get us another top 10 pick in this draft

It's either Jabari or Hayward on the team, but not both. "No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve Gordon and Mormon." Matthew 6:24

It's either Jabari or Hayward on the team, but not both. "No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve Gordon and Mormon." Matthew 6:24

Easy. Parker. No question. We have seen where Hayward can lead this team...

Oooorrrrrrrr

You play Hayward at the two and Parker at the three....and if matchups dictate, you play Hayward at the three and Parker at the four.....

Whatev's...

I think Parker and Wiggins play each other tonight. Im not sure. Just guessing.

Cant wait to watch this.

I think Parker and Wiggins play each other tonight. Im not sure. Just guessing.

Cant wait to watch this.
Yes.. and Parker will get the better of the matchup.... the question is whether Wiggins is much better than Parker in 5 years...