What's new

Lottery-ball z

Basketball karma. I’m disgusted because it’s the Jazz, but if it were another team I’d be laughing at their faces and telling this is what they deserve for purposely losing.
Giving up 3 of your top 8 rotation guys for fringe draft picks and tank in one of the worst draft classes of all time. What else do you expect lmao

Our pick is still 1-10 protected next year or it goes to OKC. So if jazz fans think this second half of the season was bad, just brace yourself for next season lol.

Well at least it's not too late to become a hockey fan

Well i dont really like being one of the worst teams in the league for long periods of time. If we gave up the pick this year then that would mean we weren't one of the worst teams in the league. That right there is a win for me.

Also it would be nice to just have it behind us and not have to think about it going forward.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk
Agreed! No way that Fontechio isn’t worth more than a second round pick in this year’s draft, and no way that Olynyk and Agbaji aren’t worth more than the 29th pick. I know that we have to develop the rooks but where is this going to end. We were pretty good before the trade and absolutely horrible afterwards.

Now ostensibly we have three more rooks coming in that will undoubtedly be worse than last years crop that we have to develop. Hardy is going to lose his competitive flair at some point and then where will we be?

Worst case scenario for me because we land two worse than our playing position, but one more worse and we convey the pick and we don’t have to go through this deadline trading hell again.

If we really want to trade up we can. Not being top4 sucks but I don’t care that much that we slipped to 10. I have my preferences but it’s a bit of a dart throw.

By the way… the tank worked. The idea was to get to 8 so if you teams behind you leapt up you’d still keep the pick. Just sucks it was the floor and not the ceiling.

We saved our luck for the next two years.
We've never had any luck in the lottery or with coin tosses, why would that all of a sudden change next year or the year after? I have been a jazz fan since they moved to Utah but if they play half way descent ball for the first half just to give away any decent player for jack **** like they have these last 2 seasons, I think I'm through watching.

If they play half way descent ball for the first half just to give away any decent player for jack **** like they have these last 2 seasons, I think I'm through watching.

I'm certain the Jazz brain trust has calculated the fan bases level of elasticity much like an insurance Actuary as high $$$ are at stake.
"Hmmm, we got away with the Doke pick and merch sales remained constant" I can envision being proclaimed in the boardroom.

If we really want to trade up we can. Not being top4 sucks but I don’t care that much that we slipped to 10. I have my preferences but it’s a bit of a dart throw.

By the way… the tank worked. The idea was to get to 8 so if you teams behind you leapt up you’d still keep the pick. Just sucks it was the floor and not the ceiling.

We saved our luck for the next two years.

You’re not wrong….but it kinda highlights how pathetic of a season that was. Big picture big picture big picture…..I get it. But if you just look at this season and described it to someone it would be crazy.

The Jazz lost on purpose for half the season to keep our pick in the event that two teams 9+ won the lottery. The Jazz were in this position because they played half a season competing for a playoffs spot they weren’t nearly good enough to get….but they still competed because they almost had a guy through trade and they may have been able to compete with the almost guy.

By the way, did I mention that they quit halfway the season before as well?

Tanking can be explained to pretty much any sports fan these days….but this is a whole new level of ****ery. The Jazz are caught in this purgatory where the reward is barely making the playoffs or barely holding onto their draft pick.

You’re not wrong….but it kinda highlights how pathetic of a season that was. Big picture big picture big picture…..I get it. But if you just look at this season and described it to someone it would be crazy.

The Jazz lost on purpose for half the season to keep our pick in the event that two teams 9+ won the lottery. The Jazz were in this position because they played half a season competing for a playoffs spot they weren’t nearly good enough to get….but they still competed because they almost had a guy through trade and they may have been able to compete with the almost guy.

By the way, did I mention that they quit halfway the season before as well?

Tanking can be explained to pretty much any sports fan these days….but this is a whole new level of ****ery. The Jazz are caught in this purgatory where the reward is barely making the playoffs or barely holding onto their draft pick.
I could handle purgatory (between picks 8-14) if there wasn’t a huge penalty for the 11-14 part of purgatory.

It’s so obvious to me the right move from here is full tank but we may just half *** our way to a half decade of mediocrity.

This draft order does setup well for a Rockets Lauri trade. #3, Jabari Smith, Brooklyn 2026 pick. Get it done. Proper tank but you’ll have a pipeline of prospects and future picks to make sure the rebuild isnt as long and isn’t boring.

Having Key, Kessler, Taylor, Brice, Smith Jr, #10, #3… not a bad start

This draft order does setup well for a Rockets Lauri trade. #3, Jabari Smith, Brooklyn 2026 pick. Get it done. Proper tank but you’ll have a pipeline of prospects and future picks to make sure the rebuild isnt as long and isn’t boring.

Having Key, Kessler, Taylor, Brice, Smith Jr, #10, #3… not a bad start

Don't know if I could bring myself to force his wife & kids to live in Houston though.

I could handle purgatory (between picks 8-14) if there wasn’t a huge penalty for the 11-14 part of purgatory.

It’s so obvious to me the right move from here is full tank but we may just half *** our way to a half decade of mediocrity.

I guess the only thing from saying that full on tank isn’t the right move is that there isn’t a huge difference between the lotto positions. Going full tank has had its value greatly diminished. I think Lauri is worth the slightly less chance of getting Cooper Flagg and the expected value drop in pick position. If you do hit Lady Luck and get Flagg it would be awesome to have Lauri there. So in that case it would have to depend on the trade package and Lauri’s willingness to be on a team that sucks.

OTOH, pushing forward to win just doesn’t seem feasible. We are so far away from being playoff competitive, and I don’t even mean competing inside the playoffs but just competing to make it in to begin with. Maybe MIN and CLE turn out to be laughing stocks….whatever, I still think it is reasonable to at least organically establish yourself as a playoff team before dumping all the chips in.

I guess the only thing from saying that full on tank isn’t the right move is that there isn’t a huge difference between the lotto positions. Going full tank has had its value greatly diminished. I think Lauri is worth the slightly less chance of getting Cooper Flagg and the expected value drop in pick position. If you do hit Lady Luck and get Flagg it would be awesome to have Lauri there. So in that case it would have to depend on the trade package and Lauri’s willingness to be on a team that sucks.

OTOH, pushing forward to win just doesn’t seem feasible. We are so far away from being playoff competitive, and I don’t even mean competing inside the playoffs but just competing to make it in to begin with. Maybe MIN and CLE turn out to be laughing stocks….whatever, I still think it is reasonable to at least organically establish yourself as a playoff team before dumping all the chips in.
Next years draft is about more than Flagg. Get a top 5 pick and you have a pretty good chance at a home run.

Next years draft is about more than Flagg. Get a top 5 pick and you have a pretty good chance at a home run.

Point is the same, bottoming out is significantly worse than it was before. Having Lauri with home run is better than home run without Lauri….so you might be better off with the lower odds because you definitely need more than one home run and Lauri is a 100%.

And I’m not sure I really buy into there being 5 easily identifiable home runs in any draft.

Point is the same, bottoming out is significantly worse than it was before. Having Lauri with home run is better than home run without Lauri….so you might be better off with the lower odds because you definitely need more than one home run and Lauri is a 100%.

And I’m not sure I really buy into there being 5 easily identifiable home runs in any draft.
Well it’s more than just Flagg next year. So it’s not like we need just one result… that’s what I’m saying. Lower odds make it possible to avoid being a full joke like Philly was back in the day and still maximize your shot at a top 4 pick… or get close to it. With Lauri you will risk having to do the dance to get to 8/9 or losing the pick. I get that being the worst team isn’t as profitable… but being 3,4,5 worst is a solid proposition still.

From Ben Anderson: So the Jazz's 5-25 finish to the season was designed to leap both Brooklyn and Atlanta in the lottery rankings, only to see both Brooklyn and Atlanta jump them into the top four.

smd.
Yep. The big franchises jumped the little one. Imagine that. Shocker.:rolleyes: