What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Truthfully, I think Denver is going to sleepwalk to a title after this series.

Wouldn't be surprised if they win the conference finals and NBA finals in 5 games or less each.

It’s so hard to remember the lesson even though we are constantly reminded. Don’t overreact to single game samples.

How are these possibly the same two teams from game 2? Where’s the suffocating defense? Just so many little things happening that I don’t even notice but makes the games look completely different.

But Denver is the better opponent to beat Boston. I’m glad the Wolves made them flip the switch. Shame this series isn’t the WCF. Hope they don’t lose steam while dusting the Mavs or Thunder in a laugher.
Excatly, Minny win the first 2 because their energy was fantastic and they harrass Joker and Murray so hard that they were totally out of gas after 30 min. But you can't maqintain the same intensity all games specially when you down physically, as is Mike, KAT or Rudy. Just need too much energy. Denver is just a better team. Hope game 6 is fun and hope Denver win it against this year. Jokic is so good.

If Minny loses game 6 then the last game Minny won this season which was probably one of the best games they have ever played in their franchise history was Game 2.... a game that Gobert missed.

And this is not to put their last 3 losses on Rudy, but it will certainly be a narrative that the media use to throw fuel on the fire. It will be even worse, if Jokic has a massive game 6 performance.

You saw Anthony Davis guarding him last year, right?
Yep. Exactly. I think gobert is in an entirely different league than Davis defensively. I probably overrate gobert. I was shocked by how easily jokic dominated a guy who I think of as the best defensive player of all time.

Sent from my OPD2203 using Tapatalk

Gobert is getting all of the blame but Minnesota was so good because Ant was on a whole different level. He was the reason I personally thought Minnesota had a chance and I even credited him being the best player in the league. He completely fell off though. This is now the same team from last year unless he can find that fire again somehow. I think he let the Jordan talk get to him and suddenly put too much pressure on himself.

I only watched the first half, but Minnesota is running into the same issue Utah did when things get tough. You have to trust Gobert for better or worse. If you don't, then it leads to hard shots. Gobert can beat mismatches if he has the right position and draw a ton of fouls, you got to take advantage of it. Live with a turnover or a bad miss here and there.

Rudy deserves blame, he’s getting cooked. But what’s happened to McDaniels? He went from scoring with ease while smiling when guarding Murray to giving Minnesota nothing offensively while getting smoked by Murray.

If Minny loses game 6 then the last game Minny won this season which was probably one of the best games they have ever played in their franchise history was Game 2.... a game that Gobert missed.

And this is not to put their last 3 losses on Rudy, but it will certainly be a narrative that the media use to throw fuel on the fire. It will be even worse, if Jokic has a massive game 6 performance.
Only watched chunks of the first half and the end. Rudy was helpless against joker. Gordon and Murray also just hit a ton of tough shots. One of the reasons Minny looked like a buzz saw was Murray looked like a shell of himself. Well that’s no longer the case. Ant also just couldn’t get it going. As soon as Denver had a crack they opened the game up. Pretty wild turnaround.

The officiating in the first couple games also played into Denver’s physical defense and really helped.

Gobert is getting all of the blame but Minnesota was so good because Ant was on a whole different level. He was the reason I personally thought Minnesota had a chance and I even credited him being the best player in the league. He completely fell off though. This is now the same team from last year unless he can find that fire again somehow. I think he let the Jordan talk get to him and suddenly put too much pressure on himself.
I'm not sure about that. He got an incredible game 4 but did not get enough support from teammates. i think that's affect him a lot and he seems to be also less fresh. All the vibe after the 1 st round and the 2 first games have also been probably difficult to deal with. That's the learning process of a young team. Minny has not been good for 20 years, hard to move fast from mediocrity to being a top team.

Only watched chunks of the first half and the end. Rudy was helpless against joker. Gordon and Murray also just hit a ton of tough shots. One of the reasons Minny looked like a buzz saw was Murray looked like a shell of himself. Well that’s no longer the case. Ant also just couldn’t get it going. As soon as Denver had a crack they opened the game up. Pretty wild turnaround.

The officiating in the first couple games also played into Denver’s physical defense and really helped.
The Murray jump from games 1 and 2 is crazy

Rudy once again proves he cannot play winning basketball when it matters and that he's the most overrated player in the NBA.

Did Gary Payton shutdown MJ?

IDK why anyone thinka Gobert should be able to guard Jokic. He makes him work. He had a game ceiling deflection on a Jokic lob in Game 1.

When it's all said and done Jokic will be in the convo for a top 5 player of all time.