What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Ya get Steph in there instead of magic and things change dramatically. (Plus magic is a bit redundant with 2 great passers with great size in joker and LeBron) Also, if I'm making this hypothetical lineup I don't go by career averages but rather I pick their best season of their career (which might not change the shooting aspect all that much but maybe it would. I know LeBron has had some good 3 point shooting seasons but not sure they coincide with his best seasons for example)

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk
I would probably actually go with Klay instead of Steph. You dont really need 4 on-ball players and while Joker is great as he is, he does touch the ball 100+ times per game.

Or then swap out Joker for more of an offball player like Dirk, and put in Steph. That would fix spacing even better, but prime Klay was such a beast on defense so having him guard the PoA with Jordan would be a nightmare for opponents.

I think there are too many conspiracies. IMO most likely he's just injured and at this point it doesn't make sense to rush him and worsen his injury. Doesn't make sense for anyone really - for Mitchell... for the Cavs if they want to trade him... noone wins if a player plays injured at high intensity spot. This is precisely where you can make things much worse than they already are.

I think there are too many conspiracies. IMO most likely he's just injured and at this point it doesn't make sense to rush him and worsen his injury. Doesn't make sense for anyone really - for Mitchell... for the Cavs if they want to trade him... noone wins if a player plays injured at high intensity spot. This is precisely where you can make things much worse than they already are.
Yep. He is injured and calf strains aren't exactly a quick injury to come back from. During the regular season you are talking about a couple weeks or more of down time.

Even prime Jordan couldn't carry Rudy who provides 0 offense and gets cooked for 40 defensively
They're losing and it's over
On the other hand you seemed to be pretty quiet after the first 2 games of the series......

I would probably actually go with Klay instead of Steph. You dont really need 4 on-ball players and while Joker is great as he is, he does touch the ball 100+ times per game.

Or then swap out Joker for more of an offball player like Dirk, and put in Steph. That would fix spacing even better, but prime Klay was such a beast on defense so having him guard the PoA with Jordan would be a nightmare for opponents.
I think Steph is a great off ball player. In fact I think he is the greatest off ball player in history. They just put the ball in his hands because he is that good.

I'm pretty sure the best shooter in history could do what klay, ray Allen, Reggie Miller do but even better. He can simply also do more than those guys so he handles the ball a lot for the warriors because who else is going to be the ball handler on the warriors.

On a team with LeBron, Jordan, and jokic he could simply be the greatest floor spacer and off ball shooter in history

You have a point about klays defense but as we are seeing with gobert vs jokic great offense beats great defense. Steph, LeBron, Jordan, Duncan and jokic would outscore everyone while also have just enough defense to not be a sieve

And now I'm here with Rudy crumbling despite super human effort from an elite 2 guard, sounds familiar
You think 5-15 for 18 points is a super human effort? You are a strange dude.
Again, you were quiet after the first 2 games. The wolves have shown they can beat Denver. Denver has shown they can beat the wolves. These are 2 very good teams.

So what’s best case scenario here for us? He says, “I’m happy but I’m not going to extend,” doesn’t get traded, and then leaves next summer?

The Cavs will most likely trade Donovan if he doesn't commit to an extension this summer, imo. If they were bonafide Finals contenders, they might risk keeping him without an extension, but they aren't really.

On the other hand you seemed to be pretty quiet after the first 2 games of the series......

He was quiet all season when the wolves were one of the best teams in the nba. Unfortunately they may have run into the Michael Jordan of this era in Jokic. There are a lot of teams right now that would have titles if not for Jordan.