JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
Pre Game

Ja really shot this team in the foot Barney Fife-style with his immaturity, and if watching his team start off as the worst of all NBA teams after the first two weeks while he sits out till Christmas doesn't humble him and grow him up, then nothing will and they need to get rid of him.

I can't imagine watching my teammates and the fanbase endure this and knowing it's my own damn fault I can't help them

It's just circumstantial

Ja being a dummy

Smart injured during pre-season didn't allow him to gel more with the team

Kennard not being able to hit 3's

Aldama being injured hurts

Not adding a big man hurts

Adams & Clarke out for a while hurts

Not much you can do really except try and see if Bane and Jaren can get it done and Smart gets used to the Grizz.

Ja came and saved the franchise, then he burned it into the ground.

GAMEDAY THREAD: God, if you're there, please let the Grizzlies get the W against the Jazz tonight (8PM)

I don't even care about wins and losses right now. I just want to watch basketball games with all the players I like not injured or suspended.

I don't even care about wins and losses right now. I just want to watch basketball games with all the players I like not injured or suspended.

I know Olynyk is the frontrunner for "random dude who goes off on us", but don't sleep on Ochai Agbaji

Anyone remember when clarkson smacked bane and then squared of vs the whole team?

In Germany trying to stay up for this one. Please win Grizz

Vegas had you guys winning tonight. Jazz had a pretty rough schedule I think they are better than their record.

1st Half

I saw some promise up until tonight but this is the first game that I decided early to watch something else. I feel like I've seen Jordan Clarkson feast on us before and I'd rather not again.

No thoughts just pain

Only down 30, they got this

people hit the most ridiculous shots against us man.

Oh look, another team shooting lights out from three against us

I’d be lying if I said the Grizz offence is pretty to start the season

**** meeeeeeeeeee we're never getting a win

WHY DO PEOPLE NEVER ****ING MISS AGAINST MEMPHIS I'M SICK OF ITTTTTTTTT

Would you look at that. Another game of putrid offence and the opposition shooting lights out from 3

No primary ball handler, no backup ball handler. This is tough to watch

Oh **** they actually mentioned Ja, watching the games so far you'd have thought dude was ****in Voldemort

God’s dead

Man if there’s one thing I absolutely hate, it’s losing to the LUNCH LADY (picture of Kelly Olynyk)

They are splashing everything in our face my lord.

I think we got the answer of what the Grizz look like when they don’t get offensive boards

I mean, it's kind of funny in a sad way.

Apparently we strike zero fear in our opponents at the 3pt line cause wtf lol

Holy **** they can't ****ing miss

Ok, this **** isn't bad defense, we are just ****ing cursed

Why does Kelly Olynyk always ball out against us?

i'm about to just chug these beers and actually get a good night's sleep before my flight tomorrow

this **** is brutal

Love watching the daily 3 point contest against the Grizzlies continue year after year after agghhhhhhhhhh

7/9 from 3.........they could be playing no one and do that only 10% of the time.....this is getting ridiculous

We could go on a run, I don't know how but it could happen

Making me feel good being a pistons fan

42 in the first Qt... Yeah im clockin out

42 points in the 1st quarter!! Damnnnnnnn

Woooooof one of the tougher first quarters I’ve had the displeasure of seeing

That whole trade that led to Minnesota getting Kessler and us getting Laravia brings me physical pain to think about now.

It has to revert to the mean.....right?

Well, either there is no God, or God doesn't give af about the Grizz winning.

Grizz with an absolutely abysmal 1st quarter against the Jazz. 42 to 19. WTF! Can't watch that ****, sorry ...

“This is the worst loss of the season”

“This is the worst loss of the season so far”

Just gotta get it under 30

We went from the deepest team to having literally no depth overnight. Maybe a bad season and a big offseason adjustment is what this team needs

yeah..i'm not having fun...i havent felt like this watching a regular season game since the tank years

I got so much negativity in my mind about this team right now that imma just go to bed.. Goodnight Grizz fam

So how is it there’s always a guy ending up with a wide open three?

Not that it matters for this outcome, but when's the last time we were reffed by Tony Brothers where we weren't completely and utterly ****ed by the officiating?

Have we checked the baskets in our training facilities whether they actually conform to standards? How can the league’s best shooter go that cold?

I don’t want to be negative about Ja, but Jesus man playing w those little *** guns really ****ed this team

everyone just gets aimbot from beyond the arc against us rn huh

68% to 27% shooting percentage difference is crazy

These first five games combined with having to watch the same 4-5 commercials on the Bally app on repeat is about as much as fun as repeatedly punching myself in the balls for 3 hours. I need a new hobby.

80% from 3 in a quarter. What the hell

We’re shooting 30%, they’re shooting 67%.

Jaren, Smart and Luke being 0-10 from 3 isn't a good thing

Anytime a team gets 80 in a half the coach has to wear most of it.

No offense no defense just straight ***

yeah, i'm tapping out.

god speed to everyone else watching the rest of the game

I know Marcus in hell going from a championship favorite to this team

this Jazz squad ****ing torchs us every time even when we are good

Jazz = Synergy

Grizz = dissonance

God sided with Utah

Mormon god was the real god all along

if i have to watch another bricked 3 i might cry

Down 33 at the half

We got back to back DPOY on our team and getting blown out by the Jazz let that sink in. I am miserable with you guys we can be miserable together

The Jazz are 30th in the NBA in defensive rating and last in the NBA in field goal percentage defense. Grizzlies making them look like the 2003-04 Detroit Pistons.

I haven't been dooming like a lot of people here, but it's starting to get to me

2nd Half

Lofton is the best 300 lb ball handler in the league. Must see

Never thought Lofton would be in conversation with giving away free chicken

Just bring it within 20 to restore honor to the family.

I’m one more THT bucket away from turning this game off

Kenny's fat **** *** just standing there like certainly if I just let Jordan Clarkson stand there wide open we won't give up the 890th three of the game

Post-Game

Words cannot begin to describe how mad I am at Ja for accelerating the point when this core's window closes by being a dumbass

ja please bro no more gun (my only thoughts)

Lofton missed both because he wanted that free chick fil a

Embarrassment. That’s not funny anymore. Make changes - fire, trade, bench, waive - do fkg something instead of pretending that all is good. The bigger shame is only everyone on TV pretending Ja is not around. Disgusting.

Quotes from around the league

Memphis down bad

They’ve been battered by the Wizards and the Jazz. No team has been worse than them through 5, no guarantee they beat anyone on current form.

Ja and his shenanigans are really stalling the progress of this team.

It's possible that Memphis is an unserious basketball team

I said it in the game thread but Memphis might actually be out of the playoff race by the time Ja is back

They're not even gonna make the play-in. Ja's stupidity plus injuries make this look like a wasted year. Gonna be so far behind by the time he gets back. I'd be pissed if i were a fan/ a member of the grizzlies organization.

Steven Adams was a super important player for the Grizzlies wasn’t he

Looks like 2 DPOYs can only get you so far when you give up 133 points

We're the best 0-5 team in the association!

There are no other 0-5 teams. .

Hilarious! That’s it, I’m moving to the Volunteer State!!! Gotta observe those rednecks and Bigfoot in the wild!

PS I’ve seen multiple episodes on Paranormal Caught on Camera of both Utah and Tennessee involving Bigfoot sightings. It’s a wonder that I survived those scout camp outs up Little Cottonwood as a kid.:oops:

Never thought Lofton would be in conversation with giving away free chicken

Probably the best sentence ever posted in any of these quotes threads. Holy **** i was laughing out loud like a mo fo

Hilarious! That’s it, I’m moving to the Volunteer State!!! Gotta observe those rednecks and Bigfoot in the wild!

PS I’ve seen multiple episodes on Paranormal Caught on Camera of both Utah and Tennessee involving Bigfoot sightings. It’s a wonder that I survived those scout camp outs up Little Cottonwood as a kid.:oops:
My ex GF from like 20 years ago still is certain that we saw Bigfoot up at the top of american fork canyon one night while driving around in our early 20's. We definitely saw something strange. We were coming around a turn on a rough dirt road at around midnight way up there around 8-9,000 feet elevation and caught something in the headlights for about 2 seconds. It did in fact look like bigfoot. It was tall, all one color, and walking/running upright. We were also high as ****.
I dont believe in bigfoot so even though i have no idea what we saw, I dont believe it was bigfoot. My ex still thinks it really was bigfoot to this day. she texted me about that night just a few weeks ago.

My ex GF from like 20 years ago still is certain that we saw Bigfoot up at the top of american fork canyon one night while driving around in our early 20's. We definitely saw something strange. We were coming around a turn on a rough dirt road at around midnight way up there around 8-9,000 feet elevation and caught something in the headlights for about 2 seconds. It did in fact look like bigfoot. It was tall, all one color, and walking/running upright. We were also high as ****.
I dont believe in bigfoot so even though i have no idea what we saw, I dont believe it was bigfoot. My ex still thinks it really was bigfoot to this day. she texted me about that night just a few weeks ago.
damn still texting your ex after 20 years?

Yeah those scout masters are scary af.

Oh you meant maybe big foot. Fair enough.

I’ve seen three very compelling Bigfoot footage videos on PCOC taken in Utah. Two in the SLC/ Provo canyon area one up around Logan. One of the panel members is some kind of professor at Utah State and has talked about the multiple sightings in that area.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6MdvTjlkJY8&pp=ygUXQmlnZm9vdCBpbiBwcm92byBjYW50b24%3D

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HIssHYxD0as&pp=ygUXQmlnZm9vdCBpbiBwcm92byBjYW50b24%3D

She texts and facebook messages me every once in a while. I dont really give much back in response and never initiate. I agree that it is weird.

Does your wife know? My ex will text me randomly like once or twice a year and I never respond lmao.
Bruh don’t remember them *** crack pics Fish used to post for good luck… hell i send Fish a text or facebook post every now and again to see what’s up.