What's new

2014-2015 Jazz ~ 2004-2005 Suns

ajazzfaninphx

The title exaggerates, and I'm not saying we replicate the same results as that team, but something I notice is that the Jazz do well when you filter their offense for the old D'Antoni "7 seconds or less" rule he used in an MVP-Nash Suns offense.

I've seen promising similarities and results consistently, either Burke or Burks will push the ball up the floor from the inbound and manage to get a quick look to another guy for an easy score.

In fact, I think every guy on the floor would increase their PPG if they took their 1st reasonable look, as opposed to this awfully slow and very frustrating flurry to throw up a low-percentage shot to avoid running out the shot clock.

In the Suns style, Kanter would get to utilize his mid-range and quick release, Favors could use his nimbleness to either get to the FT line and/or finish. Burke, Exum & Burks all get to use their explosiveness to attack the rim at will, and Hood/Booker/Novak's defenders defect to help and are on the recipient side of kick-outs for 3s.

Snyder's fascination with hand-offs and on-ball screens works great...in the NCAA. However, defenders in the pros have those college antics guarded down to a T. Our offense gets congested and guys get trapped and make ill-timed passes that become apart of the highlight reels because opposing players get easy dunks. Burks seems to work well of the screens but the rest of the guys are always looking to pass

IMO, the Jazz offense needs to adopt that Suns style so we can ignite our scoring droughts that turns our 8-point leads into 8-point deficits. I don't think I'm alone in this thinking, but when the Jazz run-n-gun they easily accumulate points. As risky as the offense is, will it really put a dent in our awful TPG stat?

Nice thread. Welcome to the board.

Yes I do see some similarities. The most notable one being how Favors is being used in a similar way that Stoudemire was used as an attacking "Center". The advantage is that Stoudemire was too quick for most Centers to guard and he & Nash would work together in that fun to watch offense PnR offense.

Nice first post mate, there are some similarities to that team we pretty much all going well end up with a similar record to last years Suns

I like the idea of us being an uptempo style team like those early-mid '00 Suns teams, but we just don't have anyone remotely close on this roster to how good Nash and Stoudamire were back then.

I like the idea of us being an uptempo style team like those early-mid '00 Suns teams, but we just don't have anyone remotely close on this roster to how good Nash and Stoudamire were back then.

In a couple of years Dante might have people forgetting Nash.

The title exaggerates, and I'm not saying we replicate the same results as that team, but something I notice is that the Jazz do well when you filter their offense for the old D'Antoni "7 seconds or less" rule he used in an MVP-Nash Suns offense.

I've seen promising similarities and results consistently, either Burke or Burks will push the ball up the floor from the inbound and manage to get a quick look to another guy for an easy score.

In fact, I think every guy on the floor would increase their PPG if they took their 1st reasonable look, as opposed to this awfully slow and very frustrating flurry to throw up a low-percentage shot to avoid running out the shot clock.

In the Suns style, Kanter would get to utilize his mid-range and quick release, Favors could use his nimbleness to either get to the FT line and/or finish. Burke, Exum & Burks all get to use their explosiveness to attack the rim at will, and Hood/Booker/Novak's defenders defect to help and are on the recipient side of kick-outs for 3s.

Snyder's fascination with hand-offs and on-ball screens works great...in the NCAA. However, defenders in the pros have those college antics guarded down to a T. Our offense gets congested and guys get trapped and make ill-timed passes that become apart of the highlight reels because opposing players get easy dunks. Burks seems to work well of the screens but the rest of the guys are always looking to pass

IMO, the Jazz offense needs to adopt that Suns style so we can ignite our scoring droughts that turns our 8-point leads into 8-point deficits. I don't think I'm alone in this thinking, but when the Jazz run-n-gun they easily accumulate points. As risky as the offense is, will it really put a dent in our awful TPG stat?

Kanter has a midrange game?

Exactly. Suns shot 48% from the field overall 39% from 3 while playing the fastest pace in the league - those numbers are un-Godly and not nearly attainable for a team like Utah at this point.

The reality is Utah would end up shooting their way out of a lot of games a la Don Nelson's Warriors a few years back.