What's new

2016 NBA Playoff Thread

For me, in the LBJ/MJ discussion, it comes down to the fact that MJ was the best offensive and the best defensive player I've ever seen. So until I see somebody better on offense or defense, that won't change.

Having said that, Lebron in 2015 became the first player in NBA history to lead both finals teams in Pts, Reb, Asts, Rebs. All he did for an encore was follow that up in 2016 by duplicating that feat and adding blocks and steals.

So while I can't say he's the best, he's definitely the most complete and versatile player ever to pay the game. Besides the stats above, he can guard 1 thru 5, something MJ couldn't do.
It's also worth noting that not only was this the first time someone led both Finals teams in the five major stats, it's the first time someone has led in all five stats in ANY playoff series.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

He could be a rich man's Draymond? I bet he's thinking to himself right now, if I could just be a rich man's Draymond, I will have made it. Dude is already a Bill Gates man's Draymond and will be for 3+ more years.
I obviously meant playing in that role. LeBron is much better than green but has been playing a different role.

This was honestly one of the greatest stories in basketball history. What a pleasure to witness.

Good Morning from Bangkok... a glorious morning here today, made better by the fact that GSW just lost in the Finals!!!!!!

Life couldn't be any better.

Good Morning from Bangkok... a glorious morning here today, made better by the fact that GSW just lost in the Finals!!!!!!

Life couldn't be any better.

it can be OL. jazz winning it all!!!

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

I thought green was amazing. They should've kept going into him.

I'm not so sure about that. Green is a great player, but it's not like you can put the ball in his hands and ask him to create. He had a great game, but to hit those threes they need him to get (reasonably) open.

Another glorious morning here in Bangkok.... I checked the scores, and the Warriors still LOST.

LIFE IS GOOOOOOOOD.

The number of people at the parade in Cleveland is insane. They estimated somewhere between 500,000 and 1 million. To put that in perspective, the population of Cleveland is only about 500,000.