What's new

Quotes from Raptors' forums-"Don’t even let them take the bus home let them walk"

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
Pre Game

Need a win tonight.

We are so bad we might just keep the pick for 3 straight years without any intentional tanking even if Siakam and OG remain on this team

At this point, I want the raps to keep losing to force management to blow it up

1st Half

Scottie shooting lights out

I don't think they ran a single Schroder iso or a Schröder/ Poeltl pnr that half. This is the way.

Kris Dunn is brutal tonight

These guys runs the dumbest plays in the most crucial situations.

This is so obviously going to be a brutal loss

Getting punked by Kris Dunn in 2023. Lol

Oh this is a Scottie game

Jazz are sleeeeeping on Scottie

Completely forgot Collins was on the Jazz

Markannen is a fun player

It’s the Canadian way to not let anyone shine too much. It’s like we’re afraid of ever showcasing our star players. If Scottie is playing on ESPN right now on an American team, he’d be going for 70 tonight.

I'm from the future

Scottie will finish the game with 42/7/10 and then will eat a small child for dinner to nourish his large body with protein

How do they know the people they put this kiss cam on aren't brother/sister lol

I was saying the other day, I just want to see a blatant gold digger on there with an old *** man

already 19 points for Scottie! Let's break that career record

Poetlt, grab the ****ing ball you're being payed millions to grab you ****ing dolt

Walker Kessler played 6 minutes and has more or less the same stats as Poeltl

2nd Half

Play Scottie Barnes the whole second half

I dare y’all to blow this lead

This scottie 40 ball gonna hit like crack

Oh my god we’re actually winning

You're choking to a trash team

Remember when you were winning by 17?

I leave the game with the Raptors up by 15 then I come back to the forth quarter with them down by 10 with 3 minutes left

Lmao 31-9 run in the 4th is some disgusting stuff

**** Schroeder, Purtle and their pick n roll

going small against two 7 footers. interesting.

Never forget we traded Kessler for Thad+Koloko

Another 120+ given up to a team we theoretically match up well against - we're so bad

Why haven’t I ever heard the name Fontecchio until now lmao

I’m so disappointed in this quarter that it made me need to ****

We gave away the 7th pick and 2 2nd rounders plus ruined our chances of getting a stud last draft for 2/4/3 in 20 minutes lmfao.

Kessler playing in the 4th while poeltl sits is sickening, especially seeing Thad rot on the bench lmao

Having Poeltl on the bench while they just continue to drive on an unprotected rim is driving me insane.

I get it. His touch is off. But there’s a hole in our defense.

The Jazz are no joke. Raptors better not take them lightly closing out the 4th.

This is a very different game if Walker Kessler started tonight.

What I thought was interesting was during that sequence I looked at Hardy who was doing so much, yelling at players, presumably making adjustments while I look at Darko who looks like he just wandered on to the court

Will Hardy is actually a ******* coach lmao, he had Kessler playing 6 minutes at half time while the raptors ate in the paint.

Of course as soon as he got his head out of his *** and played his best rim protector, that stopped. But hardy is terrible.

Kessler bossing Yak

Wtf happened ? I go outside for 15 mins and they caught up

We gonna lose to a guy named fontecchio and I never even heard of him

Damn Obaji is handsome

the Raptors have scored 9 points so far in the fourth quarter with 4 minutes remaining.

They have given up 31.

Walker Kessler would sure look nice on the Raptors for anyone still defending the Thad Young trade

Wow we might actually lose this

spoiler alert: the Jazz are going to play zone

how does poetl only have 2 points in 21 min

Only a 3 possession game with 49 seconds left. No problem.

Imagine paying like 3000 dollars to sit court side at this **** show...lol

We are different type ***. Not that Detroit or Washington ***, but the tier above

Post-Game

Scottie deserves a better team. His agent should find him a better team before the Raptors destroy his career. He is the only guy with stamina in the fourth quarter. Always. Deplorable team.

You guys are an embarssment to the nba with that fourth quarter… one of the most pathetic things I’ve ever seen

Please start caring about the sport of basketball

Let’s go Blue Jays!

They’re losing to the Pistons next week.

So awesome that we dont have our first round pick this year either

I'm serious for the love of God please don't lose to Detroit.

Time for that rebuild. No more delaying the inevitable. Trade everyone on expiring contracts.

Incredible. Outscored by 20 in the 4th and giving up 40+ in the 4th is crazy... Can't get worse than this. Idec what happens the rest of the season, even if they make moves, my confidence in the front office is gone at this point. Meanwhile look at teams like OKC or Memphis

Worst 4th quarter of all time

Merry Christmas. Raptors hand a gift to the Jazz.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

How

Blow a 17 pt lead, let them go on a 31-9 run in the 4th quarter.. im disgusted by this team listen to the fans and blow it up already

We all know this rooster is cooked. Good players overall, just not fitting well together at all.

Comical

front office all getting coal under the tree christmas morning

I can't remember a more disappointing loss.

Absolutely humiliating.

Trade for draft picks man Jesus Christ

WTF HAPPENED???

Against the team with the worst logos and jerseys

Don’t even let them take the bus home let them walk

Bahahahha loooooooooosers +17 in to -7 XDDDDDD

I STOPPED WATCHING AFTER THE 3RD CUZ Y'ALL WERE UP THE WHOLE GAME WTF HAPPENED

In the last quarter, why did Boucher and Anonuby sit on the bench? Barnes (PG), Siakam (SF), Boucher (PF), Anonuby (SG), and Poeltl (C) are in the ideal lineup to begin the 4th quarter. I am still convinced by the Raptors.

Imagine if we tried to tank

Really???!!!!

Outcoached. Outplayed. Raps basically iced Barnes after the first. He’s gotta just dominate the ball in that game. Should have had 50. No idea what they are doing. None of this makes sense.

I was waiting for this game end 2 make comment.
I was right, Jordan Clarkson is a Dog..
Utah is the better team, more talent, they've had some injuries.
I'm Lauri Markkanen should not be traded, now Jon Collins and Sexton, trade those clowns, only reason the raptors were in the game bc of those morons.
They took them out, there u go, easy win.
Not like this coach and this team, let's play Schroder and Poeltl, I don't think it would matter.
The lack of talent is incredible. Look at Utah team compare 2 raptor team, yikes.
Look at that bench, look who was on the side lined, omg..what embarrassment 2 be raptor fan.
As for the game, I knew they were gonna lose.
Count Dracula does it again, u know how 2 lose them, it's like your professional loser.
U know what, patience..LOL.

Lol we have up 41 points in the 4th. This loss was terrible.

Haha oh yes! I didn’t watch figured raptors would get this W since they are better then a tanking Utah team but nope

End the madness Masai, it's time to rebuild

How could that team possibly trade Laurie

Cause Ainge is amazing and knows when to sell. Lauri's value is as high as its gonna be and they can get a huge haul for him. Unlike us who keep waiting and watching our guys value diminish

Does anyone notice this team doesn’t even talk to each other? I was watching a stream today and it shows the huddles during timeouts. And literally no one on the team even talks to each other. It’s just Thad and Temple talking amongst each other while the other players just sit there in their own thoughts. I’ve actually never seen any other team like this.

With all the talk about the vibes being different, it seems like it’s somehow even worse than last year. This team needs a vocal leader desperately.

Also Darko is not a nba coach.

I just want some hoopers man. I was eyeing Jordan Clarkson and Sexton like a starving man tonight. Can’t deal with the Precious Thad Flynn Trent **** combo anymore

Talent gives us fits

I am on my knees praying for Pascal to be traded in the next week

Yeah looking back the decision to play Kessler over Collins was key for them

I saw it all live with my own two eyes fellas, we're cooked!

The body language, the effort level, zero playing for each other.

Let's hope we get our pick this year.

2 starters where 1 can't shoot a 3, the other shooting 25%.
Only 1 bench guy considered a shooter who plays every night
Barnes leading the team in 3 pt%

Just never going to win when you handicap yourselves 10-30 points every night from 3.

Need 2-3 of those dime a dozen scoring guards. After all, our defense is garbage too.

We had zero answers offensively once Kessler got real minutes anchoring their zone. No idea why he didn't start and saw so few minutes in the first half.

No I’m not kidding man - everyone, from the team to the coaching staff to the front office: all y’all can go to hell

What the hell is wrong with this team. Not even a 17 point lead is safe going into the 4th. We will at least be able to win against Jordan poole and the Wizards right? Right?

Blow this **** up, I don't care who stays or goes, it literally cannot get worse (until we break the pistons L streak)

We fumbled that game so bad. Are the Raptors the worst team in the league that's actually trying to win?

**** this team. **** this coach. **** this 2nd unit. **** Masai. **** this.

I have never been this angry in so long regarding the Raptors. This was the ********* way to lose ever. **** this team man. **** them.

The Poeltl trade set this franchise behind by like 3 years.

we really let Jordan Clarkson scoring 30....

Wow another bench player from the opposing team almost single handily outscoring out entire bench. Whats new?

We could have had Walker Kessler but gave up 2 draft picks and paid Poeltl 80m instead

Jakob is the softest center in the ****ing league. Dude is 7 feet for what? Soft *** layups getting stuffed at the rim, butter fingers, can’t secure a rebound, bricks on his feet, 0 hops. We could’ve just took Walker and kept our picks

When's the last time you saw two wedgies in one game!!

This has to be it, there's no coming back from this. This team has no heart, Scottie the only one hustling. Not sure what's up with Siakam, Poetl the only true Center on the team and he's hot garbage. So much wrong with this team.

Hahaha just came by to say I never watched the game, soo fkn cooked yall

1st rounder top 2 protected for Jordan Clarkson. Get it done Masai

Does Poeltl have sticks of butter for fingers? Dude is trash

This is just depressing. I was watching Scottie and Lauri trading buckets in the 1st quarter and I suddenly thought about the fact that the Jazz have a future with young guys and draft picks while all the Raptors have is Scottie. When was the last time the team developed anybody besides Scottie?

Quotes from around the league

Damn. Kris Dunn 2 points and 2 rebounds away from the coveted Utah triple-double.

The Jazz have been looking much better these last 7 games or so. Figured some things out with lineups and, oh right got Lauri Markkanen back

I hope we someday find out what the **** happened to him in the Eurobasket before previous season. He went ****ing nuts there and has not stopped since

Jakob is the softest center in the ****ing league. Dude is 7 feet for what? Soft *** layups getting stuffed at the rim, butter fingers, can’t secure a rebound, bricks on his feet, 0 hops. We could’ve just took Walker and kept our picks
Seems their fans feel the same about jakob as a lot of ours do about Kessler. It's tough to be an old school center in the NBA.
Personally, I really like how Kessler shuts down the paint in most cases. I think he'll be serviceable for us as long as he can stay healthy. If he can turn up his intensity a bit he can be really good in my opinion.
Thanks again JA. Glad you're busy again the last few games!

I would feel the same way they do if we blew that kind of lead in that short of time. Great win!