What's new

Andrei Kirilenko to Suns?

Chad Feldheimer

Utah’s Andrei Kirilenko to Suns?

"More likely, Amare Stoudemire will have left with no return, other than salary-cap and tax relief, although the Suns could do sign-and-trades and get a $17 million trade exception from New York. That exception could be used over the next year to acquire a player making a similar or less expensive salary, without the Suns losing players. The Suns have considered that with the possibility of a midseason deal for a player such as Utah’s Andrei Kirilenko." – Arizona Republic

For whom?
The way I see it AK is in a prime spot to perform now with boozer gone... getting a lot of time at PF. I don't know who they could offer us.

For what the Jazz always get. Another trade exception!

from the looks of it... we've got the 2 best ones in the league. And another one in the wings just in case.

Hell I do believe we have the equivalent of the stigma behind "the knicks pick" in our trade exceptions. They are going to be wanted dearly.

Why? It's not coming out of our pockets. AK is an excellent player. Do we get somebody better back? If not, keep him. I really don't care what Mr. Miller has to pay him. As a Jazz fan, I want to see these guys win games, not dump salaries.

You don't give an expiring contract up for nothing. I would have done that 3 years ago when he was terrible. Not now. Ride it out.

With Boozer gone there's no real reason to trade AK. The Suns won't give us anything of value (Robin Lopez) and we won't be over the luxury tax, so really no point to trade AK in a contract year.

With Boozer gone there's no real reason to trade AK. The Suns won't give us anything of value (Robin Lopez) and we won't be over the luxury tax, so really no point to trade AK in a contract year.

The point is to trade his expiring to a team needing to dump longer-term salaries. Suns don't have anyone of value to us, but there will be some deals available at the deadline. Who knows, maybe Greg allows KOC to use one of the TPE's instead, hoping teh Jazz can show good faith and get AK to sign at a bargain price under the new CBA.