What's new

Are The Jazz the worst offensive team in Western Conference while being the best defensive team in t

fufo

While being the best defensive team in the league?

Seriously, how are we going to score?
Hood has to avg at least 18-19 ppg which i don't see it happening at all.

This is such a weird but interesting team!

we wont know how good we are offensively until we find out the rubio effect. he is a running guard, likes to play at a faster pace. i believe that quinn has the ability to adjust to his talent, so look to the team being more of a run and gun team than it was before, so wayward might look at us and wonder what could have been.

You guys may be right. I'm so excited about the upcoming season as well.
On paper, these are the players we'll go up against

Denver--Jokic-Millsap
Memphis--Gasol-Conley
Portland--Dame-CJ
Pelicans--Davis-Cousins
Mavericks--Dirk-Barnes
Clippers--Blake-Gallinari
Suns--Bledsoe-Booker-Jackson

And Jazz--Rodney Hood

The West is scary

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

Hood can score 20pts a night (+7)
Rudy I expect to be more of a focus and put up 25pts a night (+10)
Dante scores in quick bunches when he plays well and I can see him putting up 12-15pts a night (+5)
I expect either Donovan or Burks to put up 12-15pts a night (+5)
Ingles, JJ will stay about the same

So all in all I think we can replace Hayjerks 21pts a game with 27pts of growth/opportunity with the other guys.

Dante scores in quick bunches when he plays well and I can see him putting up 12-15pts a night (+5)

So all in all I think we can replace Hayjerks 21pts a game with 27pts of growth/opportunity with the other guys.
Boy, thats optimistic. Hope they can hit 75% of your projection. With the possibility of being the best D team that might get it done. I'm really curious to see how this game plan plays out. We're not beating the Warriors with anyone left out there by outscoring them. This game plan may have some merit.

did you really just say Rudy will score 25 points a night???!!!

When the Jazz have played without Hayward over the past couple years, I've generally been pleasantly surprised with the result. We're 7-4 without Hayward over the last two years (8-4 if you count the food poisoning game). That includes wins over Cleveland, San Antonio, and Golden State. The four losses were @ LAC, @ POR, vs SAS, and vs GSW.

The Jazz will obviously not be as good next year offensively, but I don't think their offense will be terrible.

did you really just say Rudy will score 25 points a night???!!!

That's what I thought. 20 is a reach. We can replace haywards points by committee but what about both he and Hill and Lyles and what's his names old butler teammates ppg? I don't think we can replace all of those points with what we have, but I'm hoping it's close and our D makes up the rest of the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Gobert - 18
Hood - 16
Mitchell - 14
Rubio - 11
Exum - 10
Johnson - 10
Ingles - 10
Sefolosha - 8

With Rubio running the show, the Jazz might average 5-6 players in double figures every night.

Our half court offense will be brutal at times. Rubio and Mitchell will generate some turnovers though that should get us more fast break points than last year.

That's what I thought. 20 is a reach. We can replace haywards points by committee but what about both he and Hill and Lyles and what's his names old butler teammates ppg? I don't think we can replace all of those points with what we have, but I'm hoping it's close and our D makes up the rest of the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Hill only played 49 games. And remember, he put up a ton of points when Hayward was out. Are you kidding me about replacing Lyles' and Mack's points (8 and 6 per, respectively)? That's like saying Utah missed Trey Burke last year. We'd be better by having a cardboard cutout take their shots. It;s always hard to project based on points/per because of injuries. You just can't add up the individual totals. If you do that from last season, Jazz averaged 130 pts per game!

Center position - Rudy 36 mins. More P&R opportunities. Slightly improved 5-10 ft shot. 18 pts/game. His backup ~ 6 pts/per (Favs plays 12 mins at the 5).
PF - Assume Favs ~18 mins (gets 12 at center) and JJ at 24 mins. Favs at 10 pts/per as a PF; Joe at 10 pts/per. Slight uptick for JJ based on less offense from the PG position and more 3 opportunities. Jerebko gets 2 pts in 6 minutes
SF - Ingles 30 mins, 10 pts/per in a bigger role; Hood 8 mins at the 3 (4 pts), Sefolosha 10 mins, (2 pts)
SG - Hood 20 mins (12 pts); AB, Mitchell and Dante 28 mins, 12 pts
PG - Rubio 32 mins (10 pts); Dante 16 mins (6 pts)

In sum:
24 pts from the 5
22 pts from the 4
16 pts from the 3
24 points from the 2
16 pts from the 1

That's 102 pts. Jazz will likely average under 100 pts., so obviously a little optimistic on some. SF/SG are interchangeable. Move around players as you wish. Likely see less production from the 3 by playing Sefolosha, which then gives Hood more time at the 2 and cuts into playing time for Mitchell and AB.

Last edited:
Gobert - 18
Hood - 16
Mitchell - 14
Rubio - 11
Exum - 10
Johnson - 10
Ingles - 10
Sefolosha - 8

With Rubio running the show, the Jazz might average 5-6 players in double figures every night.

I think Favors will put up 15 if healthy. Hood can get 18, but can he avoid the injury bug for a substantial amount of the season?

Gobert - 18
Hood - 16
Mitchell - 14
Rubio - 11
Exum - 10
Johnson - 10
Ingles - 10
Sefolosha - 8

Just FIY there is a chance Favors leads the team in scoring next year. But yeah good idea to leave him off the list.

Stifling defense not only lowers the shooting percentage of the opposing team, but can really frustrate them and make them shift strategies. Could be a very fun to watch. I'm excited to see how it turns out.

Rubio scored more points than Hill last season. It's safe to assume he can cover good points.

As far as hayward's production it will be covered by an improved Exum and Gobert along with healthy versions of Favor's and Hood. We also will give players larger role. Some of those players will be more efficient than Hayward was last season.

My guess is our offense will be about the same and our defense will be improved from last season. I would not be shocked of our offense was better. I bet we score more points than last season but our offense is still ranked about the same.

Another Rubio follower here, excited because Rubio never played with so many above-average defenders around him. Regarding offense? That was never a problem for the Rubio-led Wolves. It was DEFENSE. So not worried at all. See the pattern here:

off rtg
11/12 104.8 (18th) First 41 games played (ACL) Rubio Ridnour Beasley Love Milicic
12/13 103.6 (25th) Last 57 games played (ACL) Rubio Ridnour Kirilenko Love Pekovic
13/14 109.4 (10th) 82 games played Rubio Martin Brewer Love Dieng
14/15 103.6 (25th) 22 games played (ankle) Rubio Martin Wiggins T.Young Dieng
15/16 107.1 (12th) 76 games played Rubio Lavine Wiggins Towns Dieng
16/17 111.5 (10th) 75 games played Rubio Rush Wiggins Towns Dieng

def rtg
11/12 107.0 (21st) First 41 games played (ACL) Rubio Ridnour Beasley Love Milicic
12/13 106.2 (14th) Last 57 games played (ACL) Rubio Ridnour Kirilenko Love Pekovic
13/14 106.7 (11th) 82 games played Rubio Martin Brewer Love Dieng
14/15 112.9 (30th) 22 games played (ankle) Rubio Martin Wiggins T.Young Dieng
15/16 111.2 (28th) 76 games played Rubio Lavine Wiggins Towns Dieng
16/17 112.7 (27th) 75 games played Rubio Rush Wiggins Towns Dieng

I don't even bother talking about the bench. Worst in the league, always.