What's new

Are we being brainwashed by the corporatocracy?

Let's open this discussion to the censorship of truth and disinformation that is trying to control our thoughts, and who is responsible. I'm not going to post too much for starters, but generally going to lay out basic information, and people can add their input. What I would like to see is for people to provide support for their opinion and not simply provide opinions like those of Snopes which have a bias. I want to see facts, studies, etc, because that's the only way you can lay bare the truth.

Disinformation goes way back. One of the early disinformation campaigns that took hold and convinced everyone was that "marijuana" is a dangerous drug that would lead people to violent acts and suicides. This began in the 1930s and the film "Reefer Madness" is the classic disinformation movie that provided a foundation.

Other disinformation efforts included the suppression of information that the U.S. knew 24 hours prior to it that there was a likelihood of an attack on Pearl Harbor, which should've enabled us to move the fleet out to sea and mitigate the casualties and destruction.

Later, when the CIA's covert operations took hold in the early 1950s, disinformation about foreign policy and disinformation propagandized in countries that the U.S. was using their influence and power in elections and economic policy was common practice.

Big Pharma has long been involved with disinformation. In fact, this began at least as early as the 1930 -- the marijuana lies were part of it, but they also discredited homeopathy and herbal medicine in an effort to push their profit-making agenda with pharmaceutical drugs. Today Big Pharma is the richest industry in the world and pushes a multi-billion dollar cancer treatment agenda that causes much harm and suffering to many people.

Ok, that's just for starters but there certainly is much more to this. Disinformation and partial information has become par for the course with Mainstream Media because it's controlled by the corporatocracy. Just take a look at the control it has, and anyone who has worked for even the smallest publication knows how much its advertisers control its content. I know of this first-hand, having been a reporter for a number of newspapers and periodicals:

Corporate Media Control.jpg

Big Pharma has long been involved with disinformation. In fact, this began at least as early as the 1930 -- the marijuana lies were part of it, but they also discredited homeopathy and herbal medicine in an effort to push their profit-making agenda with pharmaceutical drugs.

So, so stupid. If homeopathy and herbal medicines worked at all (homeopathy) or reliably (herbal medicines), Big Pharma would be automating shaking and farming acres of herbs, and drive all the current purveyors out of business using economies of scale. It's because they are prohibited from selling this quackery as medicine that they don't bother.

Speaking of which, y'all should read this thread. This **** is insane.

Yeah working for Amazon sucks balls for the average worker and up through middle management. Sr management and above have it pretty damn good. Their philosophy is to burn everyone out as fast as they can to get the most production possible before they quit, then move on to the next guy. I made it just about 5 years and that was considered a long tenure there. Good to have on a resume though. Opens doors no doubt.

Let's open this discussion to the censorship of truth and disinformation that is trying to control our thoughts, and who is responsible.
I will say that this tweet is the single most egregious example of misinformation from a top tier media source that I've ever seen.

Elder.jpg

For those who don't know, the "altercation" being investigated was woman in a gorilla mask (not the woman in the photo) who tossed an egg at Larry Elder. The egg was thrown at Larry Elder. Larry Elder was on the receiving end of the altercation. The woman in the photo has nothing to do with the altercation. The woman in the photo is Soledad Ursua who hosting the event and the photo was snapped mid-hug.

The LA Times ran a sentence that was literally true then affixed this photo to make it appear as if Larry Elder assaulted a homeless woman and the police were investigating him for it. If this tweet were your only source for this story you would believe the opposite of what actually happened. I would very much classify this as disinformation.

I will say that this tweet is the single most egregious example of misinformation from a top tier media source that I've ever seen.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Not even half so much as the Rolling Stone article that claimed people were being denied treatment because of the over-whelming number of ivermectin overdoses. If you pick any year since 1980, I could likely find five worse examples.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Not even half so much as the Rolling Stone article that claimed people were being denied treatment because of the over-whelming number of ivermectin overdoses. If you pick any year since 1980, I could likely find five worse examples.
The invermectin overdose story was the product of poor journalistic practices causing several outlets to fall for a hoax. I don't put that in the same category as an outlet knowing the full truth and context of a story then deliberately presenting it in a way that gives its audience a 180 degree opposite impression. The former is ignorance and laziness. The latter is a straight up lie. The lie is worse.

The invermectin overdose story was the product of poor journalistic practices causing several outlets to fall for a hoax. I don't put that in the same category as an outlet knowing the full truth and context of a story then deliberately presenting it in a way that gives its audience a 180 degree opposite impression. The former is ignorance and laziness. The latter is a straight up lie. The lie is worse.
If being a top tier media source means being available in almost every supermarket, any given week still has five worse examples.

Fox News 's Tucker Carlson produces worse examples on a monthly basis.

Stuff like this has always been part of the media landscape.