What's new

Balloons Gone Wild

“A rash of UFO sightings from credible witnesses like U.S. Navy pilots pushed Congress and the Pentagon to take a more proactive and public stance towards the phenomenon of people seeing strange things in the sky. The Pentagon’s All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office (AARO) has been tasked with sorting through the sightings and explaining what, exactly, is going on.

In January, the AARO issued a report that put the total of reported UAP sightings at around 510. According to the report, 163 of these were “characterized as balloon or balloon-like entities.” During a DoD press conference late Thursday night, a reporter asked about the 163 balloon-like sightings and if what’s floating above Montana is some kind of advanced spy system.”

Last edited:
My son’s lacrosse coach is a colonel in the Air Force, stationed at Hill AFB. He flies the F35. I thought about jokingly asking him when they were going to let him go shoot down a balloon, but I don’t know him well enough to know for sure how he’d react to that. Plus I figure they probably don’t think of this as all that funny.