What's new

CAVS fired Brown

jazzfan1132

1.Messina is considered for Lakers.
2.Hollison is interested.
3.All BIG names will wait for Lakers decision.
4.even Kerr is asking

Now We have Lakers, Warriors, Knicks, Jazz and Cavs looking for new coach.

it's pretty tight competition.

1.Messina is considered for Lakers.
2.Hollison is interested.
3.All BIG names will wait for Lakers decision.
4.even Kerr is asking

Now We have Lakers, Warriors, Knicks, Jazz and Cavs looking for new coach.

it's pretty tight competition.

Who is this feller Hollison?

Mike Brown has been fired three times in less than four years. Without Lebron, he can't do anything.

Mike Brown has been fired three times in less than four years. Without Lebron, he can't do anything.
The ONLY reason he was re-hired in Cleveland is that he got along so well with Lebron. Cleveland had serious hope, partly fueled by vague comments from LBJ last year, that he'd opt out and return to the Cavs.

I would love to be mike brown right now. He signs contracts for nine years total, and gets let go after completing only the first year of each contract. He could take seven years off and still get money! This guy is a genius.

I would love to be mike brown right now. He signs contracts for nine years total, and gets let go after completing only the first year of each contract. He could take seven years off and still get money! This guy is a genius.

I think the previous contract gets torn up when a coach gets a new job with a different team. Anyone know for sure?

I think the previous contract gets torn up when a coach gets a new job with a different team. Anyone know for sure?

Most coaching contracts have a dollar for dollar off set on any money obtained from coaching. Often a fired coach will reach a settlement with the old team to take less than is owed on the contract and that the contract be voided so the coach can coach again. I remember one year George Karl was collect seven million dollars on an NBA coaching contract and spent the time watching his son play college basketball and occassionally be a commentator on ESPN. That was not part of the offset.

I thought the Brown Bear was coaching in a league below the DLeague and had a pretty good record if I recall.

You are correct. He coached my sons deacons quorum team.