What's new

could have had him for $52 million over 4 years

delpotro

that's not hayward's fault that's the jazz fault for not being realistic and looking ahead
and if a lot of people on this board think hayward is so terrible why are jazzie about to pony
up $16 million per?

that's not hayward's fault that's the jazz fault for not being realistic and looking ahead
and if a lot of people on this board think hayward is so terrible why are jazzie about to pony
up $16 million per?

Because they're not. Overpaying mediocre talent is skipping steps. Jazz will not skip steps.

I think the claim is false. I do not believe GH would have signed a 4 year 52mil offer last year. You are simply making this up.

I don't think an exact figure was ever released, but the rumor was 4 years, in the mid-fifty range. In my mind, that meant 4/$55M, but it could have been a little higher or lower.

I don't think an exact figure was ever released, but the rumor was 4 years, in the mid-fifty range. In my mind, that meant 4/$55M, but it could have been a little higher or lower.

There were actually a lot of figures released but everyone was doing exactly what delpot is doing here, guessing and making stuff up. One of those rumors included that he was asking for the max - which I doubt. My own "guess" is that number of years was part of the debate last year.