What's new

Current Players Draft First Round: Ellis269 v. QSH

Who would win in a 7-game series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes and no. Trading up cost me my 2nd round pick, but there were still options for me at 32 and 56 that would have been better. Had I focused more on offensively minded players and taken Klay Thompson (#32), Paul Millsap (#53), either Wiggins/ Antetokounmpo (#57) and Isaiah Thomas (#60) I think my team would have fared better. Add a couple of young bigs and a slasher or two to fill out the roster, and I think people might have liked that better than what I actually went with. (Plus that sounds more like a team that I could root for TBH.)

Opportunities were there, but I don't think I had a focused plan when I started and that hurt me in the long run.

Yeah, I think you had plenty of talent. Seems people mostly crucified you for a lack of shooting.

QSH ftw...

I think he should get more credit for Rose and Bryant than he is getting. I think they will still be pretty darn good this next year. Also, QSH has a way better bench. Ellis' s bench is just too young.

This is simply a nonsensical result. There is no way QSH could win this match-up in a seven game series. It's not even clear if Kobe can even make it through a 7-game series. Rose hasn't proven **** since his long, LONG, hiatus. Pau is well past his prime, and is no longer that impressive a player. QSH has a good bench, but Ellis would still win.

Pau is so past his prime that he averaged 17.4, 9.7, 3.4, 1.5 last year. The him/Gortat combo would be sick tbh. The latter is severely underrated in this league.

Head to head, Faried vs. Gasol and Monroe vs. Gortat is basically a wash statistically. And both of my guys are young and improving. Does anyone really think Pau will have a better season than the Manimal? I certainly don't. You've got too many injured players to expect them to really hold up.

Your bench is better, but you just have so many old and injured players that they'd have to step up to fill in for injured starters. I'd get my young guns to run like hell and play physical (i.e. borderline dirty) to rough that M.A.S.H. unit up. I just don't have any shooters. I miscalculated, and put that off when I shouldn't have. Not taking a couple of shooters, like Klay Thompson and Gerald Green, when I could have really burned me. Live and learn.

Your bench is fantastic, but I don't care for your starting lineup at all. Too many old and injured players for my taste. Pro sports is a young man's game. I didn't even have Bryant or Gasol on my value board because of that. I'll be interested in seeing how all your old and injured players fare this year. I think that LeBron will be in the MVP conversation this year in Cleveland, while Faried, Antetokounmpo, Teague and Monroe should all improve as they mature another year and grow into bigger roles. I have a feeling that Giannis Antetokounmpo, in particular, might take a huge leap from year 1 to year 2. Guess we'll see.

I have a feeling that looking back on my team after this season would have been better for me than voting right away.

That Jrue Holiday pick seriously swings QSH so much. If Derrick Rose isn't fit to play, he is.

That Jrue Holiday pick seriously swings QSH so much. If Derrick Rose isn't fit to play, he is.
Not going to disagree with you on that one. Holiday was a great pick. I don't think that it swings it that much, but I guess we'll see how the season goes.

Welp, looks like it's Spy who's coming back in the 2nd round and taking on Quin....

Lillard vs Rose, Westbrook vs Kobe... should be a good match.

Welp, looks like it's Spy who's coming back in the 2nd round and taking on Quin....

Lillard vs Rose, Westbrook vs Kobe... should be a good match.
2014? I'll take that Lillard/Westbrook matchup all day long. The 2 PG system is all the rage. Lillard to shoot, Westbrook to slash? I think it could work. Put the best 5 on the court and figure out how to get all the pieces fit together.

2014? I'll take that Lillard/Westbrook matchup all day long. The 2 PG system is all the rage. Lillard to shoot, Westbrook to slash? I think it could work. Put the best 5 on the court and figure out how to get all the pieces fit together.

It will be interesting for sure. Rose & Kobe won't want to relinquish their thrones just yet, while Lillard & Westbrook would want to prove that they're the "new blood".

I like Rose better than Kobe. I just think that he's a shell of himself. Great competitor, but his body gave up on him two years ago when he snapped his Achilles Tendon. He just hasn't recovered from that injury and I don't think he ever will.

I like Rose better than Kobe. I just think that he's a shell of himself. Great competitor, but his body gave up on him two years ago when he snapped his Achilles Tendon. He just hasn't recovered from that injury and I don't think he ever will.

To be honest if it were me I would field the following lineup:

LeBron James - Jeff Teague
Giannis Antekounmpo - Dante Exum
Aaron Gordon - Monta Ellis
Kenneth Faried - Taj Gibson
Greg Monroe - Nerlene Noel

Defensively, James will shut down Rose. Giannis will be tasked to shut down Kobe. Gordon will hold his own and make things difficult against Ariza.

Offensively, LeBron will be free to make plays. He'll be a mismatch for Rose offensively - James can pass over him, shoot over him and even back him down if he wanted to. While Gordon and Giannis offers no offense by themselves, = I like the thought of LeBron throwing both of them Alley-oops, and/or pick & roll. Gordon & Giannis will rock the rim with James' passing.

Ellis is the perfect 6th man off the bench too.

To be honest if it were me I would field the following lineup:

LeBron James - Jeff Teague
Giannis Antekounmpo - Dante Exum
Aaron Gordon - Monta Ellis
Kenneth Faried - Taj Gibson
Greg Monroe - Nerlene Noel

Defensively, James will shut down Rose. Giannis will be tasked to shut down Kobe. Gordon will hold his own and make things difficult against Ariza.

Offensively, LeBron will be free to make plays. He'll be a mismatch for Rose offensively - James can pass over him, shoot over him and even back him down if he wanted to. While Gordon and Giannis offers no offense by themselves, = I like the thought of LeBron throwing both of them Alley-oops, and/or pick & roll. Gordon & Giannis will rock the rim with James' passing.

Ellis is the perfect 6th man off the bench too.

Wish I'd have thought of that. It's an interesting lineup and a wild-card to create offense through athleticism, length and size mismatches, since I'm lacking the shooters to help with spacing. In terms of length and athleticism, this would be the biggest overall team in the league. If Giannis takes a big jump this year offensively, this would be a pretty creative way to go about things.

I agree that LeBron vs. Rose clearly tips in my favor.

I like how you think. If they could score effectively, this would be a fun team to watch. I like it. Going to have to rep you for this, even though I'm facing a sure-fire defeat. Don't know if it would have changed the outcome, but it would have made the conversation very interesting. Thanks for posting.

Also makes my bench more if an asset. Not going to just out-score Teague, Ellis and Gibson like you could Exum, Gordon and Noel.

Wish I'd have thought of that. It's an interesting lineup and a wild-card to create offense through athleticism, length and size mismatches, since I'm lacking the shooters to help with spacing. In terms of length and athleticism, this would be the biggest overall team in the league. If Giannis takes a big jump this year offensively, this would be a pretty creative way to go about things.

I agree that LeBron vs. Rose clearly tips in my favor.

I like how you think. If they could score effectively, this would be a fun team to watch. I like it. Going to have to rep you for this, even though I'm facing a sure-fire defeat. Don't know if it would have changed the outcome, but it would have made the conversation very interesting. Thanks for posting.

Also makes my bench more if an asset. Not going to just out-score Teague, Ellis and Gibson like you could Exum, Gordon and Noel.

Thanks bro, forgot to mention that Faried would also be an ideal target for LeBron's passing. Faried is probably one of the best aerial finisher in the game today.

Thanks bro, forgot to mention that Faried would also be an ideal target for LeBron's passing. Faried is probably one of the best aerial finisher in the game today.

Yep. Lob City all day long. It would be a fun team to watch. They'd have to slash, screen and out-muscle everybody on offense, but I love the defensive potential with that type of length and athleticism. Again, depending on how big of a jump Antetokounmpo makes as an offensive player, the spacing could be better than it looks initially. He's a decent shooter, now he needs to do it consistently.

Lebron needs shooters around him. That team is all about players who attack the rim. A team could just collapse defensively.