What's new

Disgruntled Kessler?

Maybe you can provide a list of other 3 year players who averaged over 20 minutes per game in their first and second years who played in summer league.

I could be wrong on what year he was in or how many minutes he was averaging at the time, but I do specifically remember being surprised to see Jarrett Allen playing in the summer league a few years ago.

Edit: after looking it up, it looks like he played Summer League after his second season in which he was the starting center on a Brooklyn roster that made the playoffs. Averaging 20 minutes a game his rookie year, and 26 minutes per game his sophomore year.. I can’t believe I actually remembered that lol

Last edited:
I guess I’m just gonna spam this point in every single applicable thread: until Walker becomes at least average in the short roll, he will be a serious limitation on offense (especially with his free throw shooting). Hardy has unlocked some good stuff by basically extending the dunker’s spot further into the corner, but that’s the end of the line on that development, and Walker needs more to his game.

If SL games give him tons of reps in the short roll, then it will have been worth it AND he should feel grateful AF.

This is the path of nearly every traditional center entering the league right now. If you can’t rain threes, then you need to be able to play the short roll.

I guess I’m just gonna spam this point in every single applicable thread: until Walker becomes at least average in the short roll, he will be a serious limitation on offense (especially with his free throw shooting). Hardy has unlocked some good stuff by basically extending the dunker’s spot further into the corner, but that’s the end of the line on that development, and Walker needs more to his game.

If SL games give him tons of reps in the short roll, then it will have been worth it AND he should feel grateful AF.

This is the path of nearly every traditional center entering the league right now. If you can’t rain threes, then you need to be able to play the short roll.
I honestly wonder how Walker would have developed had we kept Conley. I know trading him away probably pushed development of some of the others, but I think Walker was the biggest loser in that since none of our current guards are great at PnR or setting up traditional bigs in any which way.

I honestly wonder how Walker would have developed had we kept Conley. I know trading him away probably pushed development of some of the others, but I think Walker was the biggest loser in that since none of our current guards are great at PnR or setting up traditional bigs in any which way.
We’re so starved of good playmakers that losing Conley hurt everybody—but Kessler more than anyone. If Kessler wants a long career, then he needs to add the short roll. Conley would’ve helped by getting him the ball more reliably and in better situations.

Kessler desperately needs to expand his offensive game. He needs to try something new: hook shots, 3-pointers (he sorta did but still), midrange jumper, pick and roll, whatever. Trying this will be ugly so let him do it without the pressure of the regular season. The summer league is just fine for experimenting.

Kessler desperately needs to expand his offensive game. He needs to try something new: hook shots, 3-pointers (he sorta did but still), midrange jumper, pick and roll, whatever. Trying this will be ugly so let him do it without the pressure of the regular season. The summer league is just fine for experimenting.
The team needs to let him be the man in SL. Try and have him average 35 ppg 15 rbg. Make him have no conscience when he touches the ball. Get some swagger back.