What's new

Dragic at PG

It's more about the added burden of constant ball-handling and playmaking leading to even worse defense (something Don was bad at this season already).
What if we had another backcourt mate that could shoot, create in the pick and roll, handle the ball a bit, and was 6'7"ish so that Don could shift down a defensive matchup... Don can ramp up his playmaking just a bit in that case and the defense could get better.

he’s going to be better than Westbrook. Their games aren’t even close to similar
I don’t like the current Westbrook. That being said guy was MVP once, and at Donovan's current age was in the NBA finals averaged 27/6/6. Against prime Lebron and Wade.

Mitch was not better than young Russ and I can’t stand the guy.

What if we had another backcourt mate that could shoot, create in the pick and roll, handle the ball a bit, and was 6'7"ish so that Don could shift down a defensive matchup... Don can ramp up his playmaking just a bit in that case and the defense could get better.
He shifts down already dude. And yes, what if we had the perfect player, that would be great. You have to take what you can take though . Jazz just can't add another 3&D guy and hope it works out. They need a guy who can be a primary ball-handler.

He shifts down already dude. And yes, what if we had the perfect player, that would be great. You have to take what you can take though . Jazz just can't add another 3&D guy and hope it works out. They need a guy who can be a primary ball-handler.
I am referencing Joseph Horwath Ingles. Too much is made of primary, secondary, or that Joe doesn't look like a pg. You have enough ball handling with Joe and DM and it allows DM to check the smaller perimeter player or hide on an easy matchup.

DM can definitely be better on defense with consistent effort and focus but he won't be transcendent. Even when factoring in wingspan he's on the small side of shooting guards. Moving away from a traditional pg will help us get the length we need on defense. Unless we can find a playmaking pg, that can shoot and is 6'5"+

I am referencing Joseph Horwath Ingles. Too much is made of primary, secondary, or that Joe doesn't look like a pg. You have enough ball handling with Joe and DM and it allows DM to check the smaller perimeter player or hide on an easy matchup.

DM can definitely be better on defense with consistent effort and focus but he won't be transcendent. Even when factoring in wingspan he's on the small side of shooting guards. Moving away from a traditional pg will help us get the length we need on defense. Unless we can find a playmaking pg, that can shoot and is 6'5"+
Yeah, the Jazz don't. Ingles doesnt cut it. The Jazz need another primary, someone who can break down a defense and put pressure on the rim, to some extent (and someone who doesnt ghost in the playoffs). The size isnt as important as some people make it out to be, though yes, it would be nice, it shouldn't be the primary factor. The playmaking and shooting ability is much more important.

Yeah, the Jazz don't. Ingles doesnt cut it. The Jazz need another primary, someone who can break down a defense and put pressure on the rim, to some extent (and someone who doesnt ghost in the playoffs). The size isnt as important as some people make it out to be, though yes, it would be nice, it shouldn't be the primary factor. The playmaking and shooting ability is much more important.
There is a **** ton of lineup data over the last three years that says otherwise. Joe had two great games to start the playoffs off this year... With Mike coming back Joe's role changes. Not blaming Mike (I know you are sensitive)... but he's not nearly as effective.