What's new

Ed Davis

I think he would be a good choice for the jazz to draft at number 9. He is already a good defensive player and he blocks shots. Good length at 6'10. Could add more weight and be a beast inside. He is an improving offensive player. I think he is a safe pick at the worst but with some decent potential.

How would you feel about drafting him?

Already missed most of a year with injury. And even when he played he only showed flashes of how good he could be. Was never consistent enough to be a go to guy. Udoh, Monroe would be better picks IMO because they have proven themselves as players in big games. Davis is the perfect example of project and something that the Jazz might be able to use in a few years. But wont give us much until then. Love his potential but is high on a lot of list out there as a possible bust.

The few games I saw him play he seemed very mechanical on the offensive end. He dropped a few passes right out of bounds - seemed to have poor hands. His only offensive move was dunking, but I only saw him a few times before he broke his wrist/arm. Davis also will get pushed around in the NBA he is rather skinny. He should have stayed in school. He is a few years away but the kid has some talent but he really needs to work on his offensive skills.

I'm going to trust the FO with this one. We're 1-1 with Top-10 picks, so if Davis is that guy then i'm fine with him. He was considered as a potential #1 headed into this year.

I'd be very happy with Davis. The only thing is that he missed a lot of last season due to a wrist injury, so he may be a year or two away. But he's far more developed (skill wise) than Brandan Wright. He's got great touch from 10 feet and in, lefty, really long, and a good feel. Also a very good shot blocker. Just needs to add strength. I like him over Udoh just because of his length.

Yikes. Ed Davis reminds me a lot of Mike Williams who was drafted a few years ago.

Mike_Williams.jpg

I'm not seing the resemblance.

Mike_Williams.jpg

Haha.

Yeah, I meant Marvin Williams.

I didn't realize this, but Ed Davis is 6-10. So perhaps he'll pan out a little better than Marvin Williams did. It would be nice if we could get a Chris Bosh like player through this draft pick. Although, I'm not sure if there's any big man with that much potential in this draft outside of Favors or Cousins.

Mike_Williams.jpg

Haha.

Yeah, I meant Marvin Williams.

I didn't realize this, but Ed Davis is 6-10. So perhaps he'll pan out a little better than Marvin Williams did. It would be nice if we could get a Chris Bosh like player through this draft pick. Although, I'm not sure if there's any big man with that much potential in this draft outside of Favors or Cousins.

I'm going to trust the FO with this one. We're 1-1 with Top-10 picks, so if Davis is that guy then i'm fine with him. He was considered as a potential #1 headed into this year.
Considered that by who? And who are "we"?