What's new

El Paso Shooting

And it is immeasurably sad that it’s a concern at all.
Agreed. But at least it's being proactive. I'm glad that there are people thinking outside the box instead of the typical more gun restrictions, less gun restrictions argument.
I think that this school idea is something that both sides should agree it's a good idea

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Ok, thank you. So what's causing these people to do these things you suppose? Most of these people have been deemed pretty messed up individuals and many were already on pharmacy drugs for their sickness.

Evidence for this claim?

Why weren't people shooting each other in the 70's, 80's, and 90's?

They were. Total gun homicides have decreased since the 1990s, although mass shooting frequency has increased.

If the guns were the main problem don't you think mass shootings would have been consistent in the past?

We have more guns per captia now than we did in the 70s-90s.

There is an underlying factor here that many seem to want to try to ignore all in the name of gun control.

There are dozens, probably hundreds of underlying factors.

So often the truth hurts.
It's flat out a stupid comment. Irresponsible, idiotic and quite inhumane . This is why we will never have a decent conversation about this. Between you saying I'm enabling a mass shooter and the inabilty for adults to have conversations without calling someone "nut job" things will continue to stay the same. It's time for people to grow up.

It's flat out a stupid comment. Irresponsible, idiotic and quite inhumane . This is why we will never have a decent conversation about this. Between you saying I'm enabling a mass shooter and the inabilty for adults to have conversations without calling someone "nut job" things will continue to stay the same. It's time for people to grow up.

Add in someone saying "I don't buy it" when someone else makes a sincere statement to the list of things that will prevent a decent conversation.

That's a good idea. I hope they keep shootings in mind whenever they build new schools.

I think it’s a sad state of affairs when we will try anything, no matter how dubious its effect might be, rather than tackle the issue that’s proven to be causing all of these mass shootings.

In utah, districts across the state are spending millions of dollars to renovate buildings to upgrade security. Your tax dollars. Millions that arguably could be better spent if we just focused on gun control.

Gun control works. Attacking video games or renovating schools arguably won’t have any affect. But gun control certainly does.

Why do we keep avoiding the issue? Because the NRA’s money keeps the GOP from acting. Sad

Between you saying I'm enabling a mass shooter ...

Well, since you're not a politician, it's more appropriate to say that the politicians who legislate to support the position you support are the enablers. Outside of that, Making it easier for someone to do something is pretty much what enabling is.

Well, since you're not a politician, it's more appropriate to say that the politicians who legislate to support the position you support are the enablers. Outside of that, Making it easier for someone to do something is pretty much what enabling is.
What a stupid comment.

I thank you for your opinion, and have considered it with all the seriousness you have earned over our exchanges.
What exchanges? You constantly trying to insult me? Yeah, they've been just fantastic! Now with all due respect could you leave me alone?

Thanks!

What exchanges? You constantly trying to insult me?

I very rarely insult fellow posters, and you are not an exception. I've probably insulted one liberal conspiracy monger more than the rest of the board put together.

However, if your take on my assessment is that they were demeaning, perhaps you should evaluate why you encourage people to assess you that way.

Yeah, they've been just fantastic! Now with all due respect could you leave me alone?

No. I won't bother you with PMs, and if you put me on ignore, I will neither complain nor try to circumvent it. However, if you are going to post stuff publicly, I will feel free to criticize it publicly.

If anyone wants to be shaken to their core on a Wednesday morning, this ad might do the trick.

Oh jeez. There you go again. Trying to scare us into giving up our penis extenders!

Don’t you understand? No, because you don’t know what every initial on every gun means. Duh

America just has the monopoly on crazy people. Clearly, the focus needs to be on the mental illness that we refuse to fund to research (the CDC cannot research gun violence) and refuse to fund the health care needed to treat the mentally ill.

Also, video games. Video games are key. Hollywood literally kills kids everyday. In Chicago.

If we just regulated video games more, threw the crazies into furnaces, and gave every kindergarten teacher a machine gun we wouldn’t have anymore school shootings.

If anyone wants to be shaken to their core on a Wednesday morning, this ad might do the trick.

In all reality, that ad is haunting.

Maybe we should try something other than thoughts and prayers? They don’t appear to be very effective.

Last edited: