What's new

lol

that what happens when you play favorites.

and interject politics into sports

always dissing small market teams.

and recently they have been promoting left wing politics, and yes i know people will go omg here goes dutchjazzer again playing victim!
but it is not me playing victim, but they went political. people don't want politics in their sports, especially preachy politics which alienates and preaches to 50% of the market! this is what happens!

I get more annoyed when on air people talk religion than politics but that's just me. All sides of political parties are whiny bitches which is why I've never had an interest in it.

but hey that's what happened for about a year or 2 conservative and right wing news sources has been seeng this trend on espn, they saw this coming. it wasn't rocket science.

they even fired a conservative, for talking baout right wing politics.
curt shilling was fired for that!

so no matter if you agree with it or not, they just alienated a large group of people who drove away! so now you gotta adjust by firing people!

I LOVE this narrative:

Oh, ESPN was so lefty...look how they are suffering now!!!

It's so far from the truth.

Here are some simple facts:

ESPN made their fortune off of subscriber fees, i.e., people who pay for cable but DON'T watch ESPN. The non-sports fans.

Those people are leaving cable, leaving behind mainly sports fans. Because they have left, ESPN's subscriber totals are dropping and dropping fast.

It has NOTHING to do with the content on ESPN. NOT A SINGLE THING. It has everything thing to do with cord cutters.

Anyone who claims that it is anything other than cord cutters...well, they have no clue what they are talking about.

The irony in this new mantle the right has taken, proudly showing off how righteous they are is this:

A very large portion of sports fans are conservative. They are the ones that are still paying for cable. The lefties? They aren't sports fans as often, and because of that, they can get their TV in non-traditional ways (i.e., without cable/satellite). So, what do they do? They cut the cord. Which takes away subscriber fees from ESPN. Which causes the losses which leads to massive layoffs.

lol.

How do you know it's doing well? No being a dick, really curious.

There are a lot of them out there. Have no idea what the operating cost of a podcast are, but they certainly have a decent amount of exposure and produce a ton of content.

I LOVE this narrative:

Oh, ESPN was so lefty...look how they are suffering now!!!

It's so far from the truth.

Here are some simple facts:

ESPN made their fortune off of subscriber fees, i.e., people who pay for cable but DON'T watch ESPN. The non-sports fans.

Those people are leaving cable, leaving behind mainly sports fans. Because they have left, ESPN's subscriber totals are dropping and dropping fast.

It has NOTHING to do with the content on ESPN. NOT A SINGLE THING. It has everything thing to do with cord cutters.

Anyone who claims that it is anything other than cord cutters...well, they have no clue what they are talking about.
This makes sense to me. Sports are the biggest reason I have cable. It frustrates me how much I pay for hundreds of channels just so I can watch news and sports. I watch little else, but I cannot give them up.