What's new

ESPN - Ranking the league based on U25 talent

MDAV28

https://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11547672/ranking-league-based-25-talent-nba

1. New Orleans Pelicans
2. Washington Wizards
3. Milwaukee Bucks
4. Minnesota Timberwolves
5. Cleveland Cavaliers

6. Utah Jazz
Players: Trey Burke (21), Alec Burks (23), Ian Clark (23), Jack Cooley (23), Dante Exum (19), Derrick Favors (23), Carrick Felix (24), Rudy Gobert (22), Gordon Hayward (24), Rodney Hood (21), Enes Kanter (22), Brock Motum (23), Kevin Murphy (24), Toure Murry (24)

I might be in a minority, but I'm still optimistic about Utah's talented youth corps. Favors turned in his best offensive season by any metric, but his defense suffered as a result; part of that can be attributed to a young team that had many defensive liabilities playing a meaningless season (the Jazz started 4-19 last season), but it's on him to figure out the balance. Hayward suffered a horrendous shooting season, and much of that can be attributed to too heavy an offensive burden placed on him in a contract year, but thanks to the Charlotte Hornets, Hayward received a max deal, and the hope is new coach Quin Snyder will create a more egalitarian offensive environment that is less reliant on Hayward creating shots for himself and others. Elsewhere, Exum is one to watch as far as "star potential," while Gobert had a nice summer league and FIBA World Cup and can be an impact player as a long athlete on the front line.

7. Detroit Pistons
8. Golden State Warriors
9. Sacramento Kings
10. Orlando Magic

Yeah it was bleach report.

Never too much of these youth flattering articles we can get though.

Let's enjoy it until they can be called "vets".

tumblr_inline_nao9sdhDwZ1qdd07r.gif

I'd place Utah over the Bucks and Wolves personally. Utah is just loaded with young talent. I mean they listed 14 players for crying out loud!

I'd place Utah over the Bucks and Wolves personally. Utah is just loaded with young talent. I mean they listed 14 players for crying out loud!

I probably wouldn't argue with the Bucks and Wolves if these rankings were projecting future success, but I agree our Under-25 Talent as it is now should be higher.

Also in terms of under 25 talent, other than Kyrie how is Cleveland ahead of the Jazz?

Also in terms of under 25 talent, other than Kyrie how is Cleveland ahead of the Jazz?

I think Kyrie's play in the Fiba influenced their vote, he was unstoppable. If he's really that good, its a dynasty for Cleveland.

I think they undersold the number of talent that the Jazz have is all, pretty simple. I am sure you will have some very compelling argument (not joking) that would convince us all if we could even understand what the hell you were saying.

I think they undersold the number of talent that the Jazz have is all, pretty simple. I am sure you will have some very compelling argument (not joking) that would convince us all if we could even understand what the hell you were saying.

Nope, that's fair enough. I'm in wait and see mode with Jabari and Wiggins though. It goes without saying that nothing replaces a star in the NBA.