What's new

Game Thread Feb 19, 2023 06:00PM MT: NBA All-Star Game

Added to Calendar: 02-19-23

The Elam ending made it interesting in other years but team Gianni’s having two guys gunning for mvp stretched the lead out too far. You can have the fun dunks for three quarters and then make it interesting for a quarter and have a good all star game.

They should just reset the score for the final period and first team to 35 wins. Losers have to get a tattoo of whatever the other team wants on their ***… coaches included.

Lebron threw one nice off-the-backboard dunk. Lauri threw few oops and even tried to windmill-oop one in. Ja threw in great dunk as well.
That was remotely entertaining for me at least. It was only 2nd half when it turned into completely insufferable bc Tatum decided he needs to get that rap... I mean Kobe-trophy and it turned out just few guys taking half-court shots the rest of the game.
I can understand they are not going hard on it but at least make sure everyone are involved. Throw wild passing combos and throw fun dunks and sprinkle in some threes.

The ASG mvp award is a complete joke and it should be removed from this event for good. BC with that being in this show it leads to 0 competitive event having the risk of this Tatum-like crap. That award has 0 worth and it just makes the game even less entertaining it is as of now.

maybe its better to actually be there and experience the whole event. players look like they had a blast. Lauri looked freakishly athletic with that double pump dunk. never thought a 7 footer can do that

Imagine paying 3k to for 11 players to stand around and watch 1 player do anything. Stephen A. put it pretty great this morning. All of these players, play harder in the offseason at a local gym than with paying fans at something that should showcase the best in the world.

Did anybody go to the all star game or other all star events in SLC last year?

The game is in Indy this year and I'm thinking about going. The tickets are a lot more expensive than I was hoping for though and it's hard to pull the trigger on an event I never watch. I'm just wondering if it's worth it to go in person.

In addition to the actual game I'm thinking about going to the Saturday night events or the rising star challenge.

Did anybody go to these events? Is there one that's more worth it than others? TIA

Did anybody go to the all star game or other all star events in SLC last year?

The game is in Indy this year and I'm thinking about going. The tickets are a lot more expensive than I was hoping for though and it's hard to pull the trigger on an event I never watch. I'm just wondering if it's worth it to go in person.

In addition to the actual game I'm thinking about going to the Saturday night events or the rising star challenge.

Did anybody go to these events? Is there one that's more worth it than others? TIA
I went to the Rookie game is all. It was way too overpriced for me to justify anything more, especially on a game I rarely watch anymore. I think the rookie game was like $40-50 and general admission. Sat under a basket. Kinda cool.

#getoffmylawn

I went to the Rookie game is all. It was way too overpriced for me to justify anything more, especially on a game I rarely watch anymore. I think the rookie game was like $40-50 and general admission. Sat under a basket. Kinda cool.

#getoffmylawn
Thank you

The worst day of the nba year. It's like the opposite of Christmas. Blech.

#getoffmylawn

The rookie game was fun. . . the experience at least not so much the actual game. I saw a bunch of players and NBA celeb types (Shams) walking around. Once in a lifetime type of thing. Nobody goes for the actual game, it's all the ancillary stuff that's fun.

The rookie game was fun. . . the experience at least not so much the actual game. I saw a bunch of players and NBA celeb types (Shams) walking around. Once in a lifetime type of thing. Nobody goes for the actual game, it's all the ancillary stuff that's fun.

I told my wife today, "don't be offended, but I don't want to take you to the game." I had to explain that the fun isn't in the actual game, but just geeking out on NBA stuff, which she just wouldn't get. It would be like her taking me to a period drama convention.

I told my wife today, "don't be offended, but I don't want to take you to the game." I had to explain that the fun isn't in the actual game, but just geeking out on NBA stuff, which she just wouldn't get. It would be like her taking me to a period drama convention.

Yeah if you geek out about stuff like seeing Shams or a random retired player like Kenyon Martin just walking around then you'll have a good time.

the top two NFL OROY candidates will be playing in the celebrity game. both really good HS players who probably could have played college ball.