What's new

Fire Ty Hire Vinnie

Let's hire a coach that had his teams in the playoffs this year.

cAZsJ1H.gif

He made the playoffs because he had Chris Paul and a decent team. He's probably slightly better than Ty, but it's more of a lateral move. I'd rather take a chance on Horny.

Vinnie is a middle of the road/safe coach. Like Corbin, he is not known as an offensive or defensive wiz and is just adequate on both ends of the court. I think the best coaches like Sloan, Jackson, Popovich, and Thibodeau are experts in one area and then they hire their opposite on the other end or they are extreme and articulate motivators like Doc Rivers or Mark Jackson, who just inspire their players. I don't think Vinnie or Corbin are either.

I think if we are going on a coaching search top three names on my list are Jeff Hornacek, Brian Shaw, or Mike Budenholzer (Spurs assistant for many years)

Vinnie is a middle of the road/safe coach. Like Corbin, he is not known as an offensive or defensive wiz and is just adequate on both ends of the court. I think the best coaches like Sloan, Jackson, Popovich, and Thibodeau are experts in one area and then they hire their opposite on the other end or they are extreme and articulate motivators like Doc Rivers or Mark Jackson, who just inspire their players. I don't think Vinnie or Corbin are either.

Jerry Sloan couldn't adapt to change and was stuck in the 80s/90s. What are you talking about?

I say we hire someone off chicago's or indiana's staff. They obviously are doig something right.

Bring Jim Boylen back home! ;)

Seriously though, Alvin gentry. He would be a good fit. Help to bring in some exciting basketball. He got screwed by Phx.