What's new

Free Agent Shooting Guards Who do Jazz go after

I can't see the Thugs keeping JR, Chandler and Affalo. I'd be happy with any of those 2 but my order would be: Affalo,Chandler,JR

Throw all the MLE at Affalo. Pretty sure Denver would match, but if anything it drives up the price for a division rival, like Portland did to Wes Matthews

Nick Young is a beast...i want him

It'll cost big bucks to get Young or Chandler.

Same thing with Crawford

Bellini reeks of Euro-Giricekness

The rest I'm not that crazy about.

I've never been a big fan of Dunleavy - he's kinda soft. But he can fill it up at times and he doesn't take a lot of bad shots. If the price is right (like half of what he makes now), he might be a good 2 or 3 year stop gap while we find out if Hayward is the real deal.

With player cap holds, the cap likely going down (or at least being harder to go over), potentially re-signing AK and possibility of there being no MLE, it seems like there may not be a way to bring these players in outside of a trade.

like what has been suggested, frontload the contract offer to Afflalo with bonuses or whatever to make it unmatchable. we should essentially offer him exactly what Portland gave Matthews.

Afflalo should be the target. AK has made his money. If he is signed, it should be no more than 3yrs at no more than 6 mil per yr. I expect if the Jazz offer that to AK, he will walk or be disgruntled enough to affect his play.

Back to the topic, Marcus Thornton should be pursued. The Kings have Evans, Udrih and Garcia, and may not be able to match a sizable contract offer. He can shoot and a threat on the offensive end. An explosive scorer to say the least.

Also, despite not a free agent, Randy Foye may be available once Eric Gordon comes back. Yes I just watched the Kings-Clippers game.