What's new

Game 28: The Jazz visit Atlanta December 19, 2019 5:30pm mtn

DM comes and goes on the defensive end and its understandable. Bojan has had some bad moments. It makes sense... I would not say Bojan is the worst defender on the team... I think that honor goes to Niang or Green.

I'd say Niangs probably the worst. Mitchell is frustrating because we've seen flashes of him being really good defensively and he has all the tools physically to be able to defend but he just doesn't do it consistently. He obviously uses a lot of energy on the offensive end so I'm sure that factors in as well.

I'd say Niangs probably the worst. Mitchell is frustrating because we've seen flashes of him being really good defensively and he has all the tools physically to be able to defend but he just doesn't do it consistently. He obviously uses a lot of energy on the offensive end so I'm sure that factors in as well.

He gets a pass for fading in and out from me... in the Lakers game where we got blown out the backdoor miscues were the only time I was like "he gotta do better than that". He has to pick his spots... tbh Rudy does too, but even when he isn't going 100% he's still a giant human, so it usually still works out.

I think coach must've gotten into Bogey cause the Atlanta game was the best defensive effort I've seen from him. He took a spill guarding somebody and then would've had a block if the refs weren't so whistle happy. Good thing the Hawks are turrible (Chuck) cause the Refs were hooking us left and right last night. Two more things I noticed: 1) Trey Young is really good, and 2) why did we go so hard for Conley when we could have signed Jabari Parker and kept some other important pieces.

Niang is the worst defender because of his physical deficiences, but he gives an effort. Green just looks like he doesn't care about D at times. If he is further from the ball he stays straight sometimes, lacks anticipation and willingness to engage as soon as possible. I am sure he could be a good defender if he had Niang's intelligence and attitude.

Niang is the worst defender because of his physical deficiences, but he gives an effort. Green just looks like he doesn't care about D at times. If he is further from the ball he stays straight sometimes, lacks anticipation and willingness to engage as soon as possible. I am sure he could be a good defender if he had Niang's intelligence and attitude.

That's a good point. Greens effort on defense and rebounding definitely seems to be lacking most games.

Are you able to point me to the podcast or article where this was mentioned?

Why the secrecy? Is it effort? Has he checked out mentally due to no playing time?

Because I've heard nothing but glowing praise that he's doing all the right things, and staying professional through this whole ordeal.

Yeah, people have been saying he's been working hard and professional. Here's the podcast.

Go to the 17 minute mark

Yeah, people have been saying he's been working hard and professional. Here's the podcast.

Go to the 17 minute mark

Ah cheers mate, much appreciated. So certainly sounds like he's doing all the right things. I tend to think that he doesn't have the same burst he did before the injury, and his injury type is a situation where athletes do not achieve all their targets until a full year has passed. I've said many times that we won't see a good Dante until Feb/March and I'm sticking to it.

What worries me is that league is taking notice of our weaknesses, we now struggle against weaker teams. We have foundational weaknesses and must fix them. We should just humble ourselves and trade Mike, Ed and get rid of Exum because he is a waste of time ,money and a roster spot.

What do you suppose we play? Pick n roll with Ed Davis? Blender with 3 guys who can't create a single consistent shot? Who outside if Mudiay is going to be a consistent scorer?

I think Mudiay playing iso is encouraged as nobody else is going to hit anything outside of hit a few threes. You guys make it seem like Niang and Ed Davis can magically dribble drive or cut to the basket. The scoring is on Mudiay. Does he forced it at times? Yes. But who else is going to take the shot?

Ingles is playing better because he's playing with guys who can cut, pick and roll, get him open shots, take the pressure off. To blame that on Mudiay is wrong imo.

i was surprised Joe and Green couldn't get something cooking. Mudiay does play a lot with Donovan, doesn't seem to help much.